Thread: mamba monster

RC Competitor

mamba monster

Did anyone of you put the new Mamba Monster 2 on the Rustler? I saw on YouTube and they are running at speeds from 98 to 105+MPH. This is incredibly fast on stadium truck.

RC Racer
    Yup, mine ran 122 mph before a car ran over my rc car, now it's in a million pieces... If you are gonna try it I recommend buying jaco foam tires. You won't balloon.

Quote Originally Posted by zreuille98 View Post
    Yup, mine ran 122 mph before a car ran over my rc car, now it's in a million pieces... If you are gonna try it I recommend buying jaco foam tires. You won't balloon.
    Odd your YouTube channel has a bunch of videos of your XL-5 Rusty but none of anything with a brushless system much less one capable of speeds over 100 mph. Sorry but I am pretty skeptical of the validity of your claims.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Racer
    Yeah I only posted those videos on youtube to have people help me find out what was wrong with my old rusty xl-5. It sat in my closet for three years and I finally decided to get it up and running again. I'm not a big camera type of guy. Much less post videos to youtube to brag about how fast my rc car is. My old rusty is just going to be used as a car to abuse and try to destroy lol Brings me back to the good ole hornet days ahhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    Odd your YouTube channel has a bunch of videos of your XL-5 Rusty but none of anything with a brushless system much less one capable of speeds over 100 mph. Sorry but I am pretty skeptical of the validity of your claims.
    It was probably too fast for the camera to pick it up.

I'm not a big camera type of guy. Much less post videos to youtube to brag about how fast my rc car is.

So, in other words, it didn't happen.

RC Racer
    I would prove it too you, but it kinda got ran over by a car, and I scrapped it.

RC Racer
    What's funny is dadx2mj closes my thread because of "bickering" as he stated, then he starts "bickering" in someone else's thread. How ironic and hysterical is that?

mamba monster

What's funny is dadx2mj closes my thread because of "bickering" as he stated, then he starts "bickering" in someone else's thread. How ironic and hysterical is that?
    I wouldn't consider calling Bull as bickering. It's pretty common on any forum that if you're gonna make claims of a 100+ mph stadium truck, you better have something to back that claim or nobody is gonna take you seriously. Far from "bickering" IMO.

Aside from that, questioning the motives of any forum staff is not the brightest of ideas. From what I recall, it wasn't the bickering that got your thread locked. I believe it was more the fact that you started multiple threads on multiple forums and they were all on the exact same subject.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 05-18-2013 at 05:12 PM.

Perfect example of how not to handle a dispute with any member or moderator. zreuille98 was given every chance to comply with the rules of this forum but refused to do so repeatedly.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

This was my response pm: You are doing a lot wrong but since you have not read the rules (by your own admission) you just dont realize it. You got the answer to your question then you and the other guy started bickering. Those posts were removed and the thread closed to stop further bickering. Your presence has taken up a huge amount of my time the last few days from removing your posts to seeign them re posted multiple times to moving posts to the proper forum to answering your PM's even though you seem to pay no attention to what I have explained to you. Save your smart mouth replies and insults for another forum they are not appreciated or tolerated here. If you wish to continue posting here I suggest you slow your roll, read and follow the rules, and show some respect to the forum members and staff.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-QR-1
    SPC Lipo Power

The part in bold is exactly what he's talking about that you just did again. I've been a member of this forum for several years, received my share of infractions, challenged the moderators, and I can assure you that it's not gonna get you anywhere buy eventually banned from the site altogether.

Trust me, the "bickering" was just the final nail in the coffin. I'd be willing to put money on the fact that Dad was in the process of closing your thread because the same thing was posted in the Rustler forum as well as the Traxxas Alley. He most likely stumbled upon the bickering part while in the process of locking that thread and decided to address it.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that the argument was your fault or even initiated by you. And there's a good chance that it would have gone unnoticed if you only had one thread about the low voltage alarm.

Quote Originally Posted by harry697 View Post
    The part in bold is exactly what he's talking about that you just did again. I've been a member of this forum for several years, received my share of infractions, challenged the moderators, and I can assure you that it's not gonna get you anywhere buy eventually banned from the site altogether.

Trust me, the "bickering" was just the final nail in the coffin. I'd be willing to put money on the fact that Dad was in the process of closing your thread because the same thing was posted in the Rustler forum as well as the Traxxas Alley. He most likely stumbled upon the bickering part while in the process of locking that thread and decided to address it.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that the argument was your fault or even initiated by you. And there's a good chance that it would have gone unnoticed if you only had one thread about the low voltage alarm.
    Aww, c'mon man - we luv ya.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Aww, c'mon man - we luv ya.
    Now that is a biased reaction! Haha.

The mods are here to keep everything going according to the forum rules (the ones which you accepted during registration here). You can focus on the way how they do that.
    You can also focus on the tons of information and tons of people who are willing to help by sharing experience and knowledge (yes, even those Traxxas biased police officers are helpful R/C addicts ). I can assure you: the last one is more useful and more fun.
    Nobody is born with experience