RC poster

Emaxx tranny question

Quick question, I'm working on building an older e maxx and I wanted to know if the newer emaxx tranny would fit on the older emaxx?? If anyone can help I would really appreciate it

E

RC Competitor
    Not without making a custom mount. The newer transmission has a different screw pattern and isn't as wide.

RC poster
    Thanks man. Might u know I good site I can order the parts for the older tranny? I tried eBay but they don't have much going on.

E

RC Competitor
    You should be able to find them all on Ebay just have to search by the part number. Here is a link to the exploded views for the 3906, E-Maxx 3906 Exploded Views, the Transmission is on the third page. Just put Traxxas then the part number in your Ebay search.

If you want steel idlers you can use two Traxxas 3996x but will have to file down one idler so it will fit in the spot for the 1st gear idler. Or you can get a set from Unlimited Engineering, they are $32 + shipping. Unlimited Engineering Steel Idlers. If you do order from Unlimited Engineering they take awhile to ship, at least mine did.

Let me know if you need any help.

RC Qualifier
    Yeah, you really need to search for the part numbers on fleabay. Usually Traxxas parts start with TRX_ _ _ with an X at the end for a special part, like steel or heavy duty or updated.