Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Build thread?

Build thread?

Hi guy's.Wasn't going to do a build thread,but would like a few opinion's.
    Putting a new truck together and I'm color blind.
    I found out pro two was a class,not a truck.(not to bright on my part).
    But I'm thinking of using the rpm trans case,instead of the pro line case,(pl case only).
    Going buy the pic,should I go rpm,or pl case.
    Keep in mind I painted these arms and shock mount's a long time ago,and am aware the paint wont last long.
    It will sport pro line power stroke shocks,Scott Douglas AMISOIL body.(I know I'm lazy body wise).
    And a castle 3800 4pole with a mamba max power plant,and a spektrum s6040 Digital surface-high speed servo,with titanium gears.
    Any help color wise will help.
    I'm on hold waiting for an aluminum steering bell and bulk head,(stock being used for mock up),so I have time to change a few things.
    Any color ides's?
    Any idea's on anything welcome.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Racer
    I like the blue shock towers and a arms but with the green tranny its not going to go with the body color scheme. But other then that its looking sharp.
    Traxxas 2wd raptor svt

Quote Originally Posted by emtkevin View Post
    I like the blue shock towers and a arms but with the green tranny its not going to go with the body color scheme. But other then that its looking sharp.
    Do you think it would look better with a blue rpm trans case,or with the pro line black with aluminum motor plate trans case?
    And thank you for your thoughts.

RC Qualifier
    so you gave in to the pl chassis...good choice! what kind of track are you going to be running on? and id go with whatever case you believe is more reliable but in black. hope you like your chassis. i ran that setup which you have for a while and the exact servo as well.
    2wd slash, PL LCG, CC 3800, Powerstrokes, S6040

Yea it's a long story as to how I ended up with the pl lcg,.
    Here are a couple pic's of one track(poor pic's,but pic's).
    It is being groomed this weekend I think,might not be spot on with that guesstimate.
    I think I'll go with the pl case for looks,just have to change all the inner's.
    but it's a good looking unit.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC Qualifier
    I'm color blind too. I know you don't see in black and white like many people think color blind people see..so I would just go with whatever you think looks best. Whenever someone tells me "those two colors don't match" or something like that, I just say "but they do to me so I don't care!" lol

Quote Originally Posted by joe831 View Post
    I'm color blind too. I know you don't see in black and white like many people think color blind people see..so I would just go with whatever you think looks best. Whenever someone tells me "those two colors don't match" or something like that, I just say "but they do to me so I don't care!" lol
    LOL,I hear that,If I had a nickel for every time some one said,what color is that,I'd be rich.
    We see as much color as any one else,just when I see yellow,it might be green orange,or who knows.
    But your logic is sound.
    If it look's good to us,go for it.

RC Qualifier
    my slash really came alive with a new radio and a sensored setup made a huge difference. track looks really nice!
    2wd slash, PL LCG, CC 3800, Powerstrokes, S6040

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    The track looks great. Lotta work involved.

If you are unsure, go with the blue rpm case, it will match the arms.
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

Just to buck the trend here, I actually like the multicolored theme there with black and blue and green. I'm not color blind but I just like bright colors and being different.

And the RPM transmission case is a quality part that you already have. I generally lean on the side of function over form. Not sure the quality function is there in the PL case. Really couldn't say.
    What broke, uh, needs upgrading now?

Just to buck the trend here, I actually like the multicolored theme there with black and blue and green
    Thanks I have done this before,because it looked ok to me.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    I think this one would look better with a blue(the one color I get right)bulk head as well.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Getting all these idea's is great,not sure witch way to go.
    But please keep the idea's coming.

@rag6,yes It's more work then I thought.
    It's not my track(I don't have one),But it's one of the four (or three) tracks we run on thru the summer.
    And Tho I'm not able to help out manually,due to physical limitations.
    The owner is a very nice guy,and let's my grandson a friend and I use it a lot.
    After the serious grooming starts we wont get to practice as much,but it's a nice tight short course.

@ T,D,J,
    I know they say sensored is the way to go on the track,but I run unsensored.
    I have run sensored in my crawler's to get the smoothest low end performance possible,maybe I will give sensored on the track a chance.
    If I do however,I will go with the castle monster I believe,It start's off sensored,and after you achieve a certain throttle position it switches to non sensored,as to let the motor perform to it's peak level.
    I'm told sensoring proses can take away some performance,but most indoor racer's run sensored,so I guess the positive's out weigh the negatives.
    Last edited by billy-bones; 05-10-2013 at 05:44 AM.