RC poster

Traxxas Revo 3.3 Nitro Slipper Clutch Parts

G'day guys, 1 of my pads on my slipper clutch is buggered so i pulled the assembly apart to replace it and i'm about to reassemble it and i'm not sure if i've got all the parts. Is there supposed to be a spring in the assembly that the nyloc nut does up to?

RC poster
    yes there is

RC poster
    I just had a look on here and they had a blown up view of the assembly and it had no spring it just had 2 washers that are slightly concave instead.

No spring on a revo slipper...

Just the 2 concave (Belleville) washers between the spur bearing and the nylock nut. Install the washers like this ( ).
    No slipper/tall gearing/power = broken parts.

RC poster
    Yep ok. Thought so. How tight should I do nut up???

RC Qualifier
    Hey man,don't listen to people saying to tighten all the way down then loosen A certain amount. That will be way too tight. Start with it loose enough for the truck to barely move. Then slowly tighten until it will take off hard without sounding like it's slipping. It should be tight enough to go, but loose enough to slip when in A bind. I had A hard time keeping the stock pads in, they would break and fall out. I'm very abusive on my toys. I cut A solid piece of rubber out of an old radiator hose for my slipper pads. And it works great, grips good, slips good and last forever.