Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4

    Question help with 4s revo

    hi all, had a look online and here but can see any clear cut info

    before anyone replies and says '3s is enough' or 'you will break more parts etc' im not interested in that so please dont

    anyway ive run 4s in my revo and its an absolute beast and that with me using stock motor, hobbywing 120amp esc and gearing is 26-50 if i remember right (dont quote me on that i just wanted to get it out to test it) and was lucky if i could 50% of the throttle

    what i need help with is what would be a good place to start with gearing?

    what mods or parts can i fit to help keep the front down / get power to the front wheels?

    also any other info you might think would help me?

    thanks for any info in advance

  2. #2
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    561
    Don't understand your goal.
    If you could only use 50% throttle with 26-50 do you want to use only 40% or .....?
    Personaly, I do believe there is a point of overkill esp if I can only control it at 50% throttle (for whaterer reason)
    If you want control at 100% throlttle gear down or dump 4s. But thats just me
    There are lots of ways to do that. Most are wrong.

  3. #3
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    725
    Center differential might help...bigger tires in rear? Maybe less traction in rear? You could put weights in the front maybe...not si about gearing....you could also keep your ride height low but you most likely don't wanna do that
    You ain't bashin unless your crashin!!

  4. #4
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    563
    So you post 2 posts and are talking 4s.... maybe in this forum or total newbie or a speed freak like me... and i am just starting in rc for 3 years ago only!!

    Some people says 4s on a Kyosho Mini Inferno is to much!!
    Sure, i done it!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYzTSj-gp10
    95% aftermarket goodies! And i love it for being a 3 diff's car!

    Meanwhile...
    E-revo 1/16 is a monster truck!
    But is very versatible, and you need to know what to do in what she can do... You can raise her for mud/small rocks or lower it for speed runs....

    For speed:
    Change tires for street racing tires, put sway bars, put central diff with the maximum silicone oil you can find... maybe 1000w, or more.... it's not easy find that thickness stock comes with a patetic small grease of silicone 50w, lol! she will be a lot more controlable.... and use the trothle control of your ESC with the weakest aceleration! That should save the tranny and give you the feel of a real 1:1 car... wheelies is for teenagers/kids. And that's how transmissions are broken!


    If want the stock motor for 4s... you can run only less then 5minutes... i sugest you be brave and go for a Lhener, or a Neu 1100 series! With a neu 1100 you can gear 37t pinion on 43spur and forget about heat.... never happen! You should have a brave ESC like yours of 120A.

    And that's what i remember for now... but a lot can be talked more!
    Tape you tires on the inside, glue them very good, do not forget these!
    Remember, if you are going to bash with 4s, she's dead in the first pack! Everything (metal/chassis/plastic) will be dead! This kind of voltage only for speed runs or speed racing in this scale... if want to bash with 4s go for 1/8 buggys on 6s or mad 8s.... you will break mugens tranny with 8s on bashing.... for speed runs they handle!! It's a lunatic world... but remember power is nothing without control...
    Hope that helps...
    Last edited by targetingxmod; 05-09-2013 at 03:00 PM.

  5. #5
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Paved Paradise Florida
    Posts
    124
    ^ what he just said gets a big +1

    Power is nothing without control
    MERV - 3S 23/50
    Revo 3.3 - stock

  6. #6
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    5,448
    I have run a 4s mini revo... it is awesome, plan to use 6s soon as well

    anyways. you need to deal with control before you can think about using what power is left....... due to its size and weight, you are never going to reach its full potential........

    you need to set it up and tune it.... also, you can modulate how it drives with finesse and skill...... anyone can just yank the throttle till it hits something.... but driving it, isn't about that......

  7. #7
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by photon_trap View Post
    Don't understand your goal.
    If you could only use 50% throttle with 26-50 do you want to use only 40% or .....?
    Personaly, I do believe there is a point of overkill esp if I can only control it at 50% throttle (for whaterer reason)
    If you want control at 100% throlttle gear down or dump 4s. But thats just me
    after 50% it wants to take off just need to calm the power down a touch

    Quote Originally Posted by eschmitt4 View Post
    Center differential might help...bigger tires in rear? Maybe less traction in rear? You could put weights in the front maybe...not si about gearing....you could also keep your ride height low but you most likely don't wanna do that
    i have been looking at the centre diff and was on the verge of ordering one but before i went ahead i thought id pop on here and see what advice i could get. i did lower it slightly using the good old zip tie trick but i found every tiny bump mad it want to jump. i guess i just need to play a bit more with the height to eliminate that.

    Quote Originally Posted by targetingxmod View Post
    So you post 2 posts and are talking 4s.... maybe in this forum or total newbie or a speed freak like me... and i am just starting in rc for 3 years ago only!!

    Some people says 4s on a Kyosho Mini Inferno is to much!!
    Sure, i done it!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYzTSj-gp10
    95% aftermarket goodies! And i love it for being a 3 diff's car!

    Meanwhile...
    E-revo 1/16 is a monster truck!
    But is very versatible, and you need to know what to do in what she can do... You can raise her for mud/small rocks or lower it for speed runs....

    For speed:
    Change tires for street racing tires, put sway bars, put central diff with the maximum silicone oil you can find... maybe 1000w, or more.... it's not easy find that thickness stock comes with a patetic small grease of silicone 50w, lol! she will be a lot more controlable.... and use the trothle control of your ESC with the weakest aceleration! That should save the tranny and give you the feel of a real 1:1 car... wheelies is for teenagers/kids. And that's how transmissions are broken!


    If want the stock motor for 4s... you can run only less then 5minutes... i sugest you be brave and go for a Lhener, or a Neu 1100 series! With a neu 1100 you can gear 37t pinion on 43spur and forget about heat.... never happen! You should have a brave ESC like yours of 120A.

    And that's what i remember for now... but a lot can be talked more!
    Tape you tires on the inside, glue them very good, do not forget these!
    Remember, if you are going to bash with 4s, she's dead in the first pack! Everything (metal/chassis/plastic) will be dead! This kind of voltage only for speed runs or speed racing in this scale... if want to bash with 4s go for 1/8 buggys on 6s or mad 8s.... you will break mugens tranny with 8s on bashing.... for speed runs they handle!! It's a lunatic world... but remember power is nothing without control...
    Hope that helps...
    im a long time lerker before i signed up then went back to nitro. had a bunch of parts so i thought id show my revo some love lol

    your kyosho is one serious buggy i guess ill be ordering a centre diff in the morning then. ill look into a new motor once this goes unless i come across one at a price i cant leave. my tyres are all done as standard on all my rc cars / buggies. as for 1/8 they are my daily rides as for my revo i just want this to be my little pocket rocket that never fails to make me smile!

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo74 View Post
    I have run a 4s mini revo... it is awesome, plan to use 6s soon as well

    anyways. you need to deal with control before you can think about using what power is left....... due to its size and weight, you are never going to reach its full potential........

    you need to set it up and tune it.... also, you can modulate how it drives with finesse and skill...... anyone can just yank the throttle till it hits something.... but driving it, isn't about that......
    6s now that id love to see. i fully hear you about control last thing i wanna do is turn my revo into a high speed bomb. what set up are you using on yours?

  8. #8
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    473
    I ran my merv on 6s geared 39/45 with a mmp and trinity epic 3750kv 550. It was cool for speed runs but every time it saw the dirt, something snapped. I had the center diff, but it melted at about 72mph, while being followed in an WRX. As far as stock motor, I blew two toying with 3-4s. Plan for that one. If you just want a smile, gear it 23/45, and run it 3s, it'll last much longer.
    Modded to the Max
    Drive it like its Hot

  9. #9
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    561
    Quote Originally Posted by bunniedon View Post
    after 50% it wants to take off just need to calm the power down a touch
    ha! do ya think?
    personally I'd turn to aero - hang a wing over the hood (It would look like a Pikes Peak hillclimber) , angle adjustable so you can trim out what you don't need
    and center diff too for sure
    There are lots of ways to do that. Most are wrong.

  10. #10
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4
    got a centre diff now. just needs to stop raining outside so i can test it

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •