Thread: Pics of my SRT.

Pics of my SRT.

Well here my runner. Just waiting on some proline sub burbs and my glitch buster cap for my receiver. I have a few options for ESC still undecided.

Simply the best. The beautiful Traxxas SRT and TCP

RC Racer
    dang, thats cleeeeen!
    You're going to run this one?
    ps: love the body... it looks familiar

Quote Originally Posted by Bmktw2 View Post
    dang, thats cleeeeen!
    You're going to run this one?
    ps: love the body... it looks familiar
    Yes I plan on racing this. This was my very first SRT I got. She was in terrible condition. And the body wasn't as clean as you thought it was from that ebay listing. It has scratches and scuff marks and the wing is damage.

Here are before pictures of the same truck.

Last edited by Emaxx2.0; 05-25-2013 at 07:34 PM.

RC Racer
    You did an amazing job restoring this SRT. You would never guess it looked so badly to start with.
    Did you get new ss screws for it? Where did you get the upper deck? Those are getting hard to find

Thankyou. Yes I bought a SS screw kit for it. I use SS screws with every kit i own. And the Upper deck I got from the other spare set that came with this truck. Spare chassis had the chassis,upper deck,battery box and bulkhead.

RC Racer
    r u going to get the aluminum caster blocks and lunsford hingepins?

My buddy says he's been looking for Tekin ESC but they are sold out backordered and all else
    Last edited by cooleocool; 05-26-2013 at 04:46 PM. Reason: merge

B/c Tekin discontinue the older RS series with the RS gen2...way better ESC. I do plan on getting auminium caster and suspension mounts and I'll upgrade the pins when they bend.

RC Champion
    Dang Dude, that is one sweet looking SRT!!!

How long did it take you restore it? And if ya don't mind me asking,how much has it cost you to get it this far?
    Bullet/Bullet2 / Hawk2/ Blue Eagle/E-Maxx/T-Maxx

Quote Originally Posted by Mopar_Marv View Post
    Dang Dude, that is one sweet looking SRT!!!

How long did it take you restore it? And if ya don't mind me asking,how much has it cost you to get it this far?
    Thanks man. All it took was some mother metal polish on the chassis and just some soaking in CLR for the plastic parts. I had spare hingepins and shocks shafts from my Slash. Transmission was actually in excellent shape with a smooth ball diff and a few bearing needed to be replace. At most $30 b/c of the Stainless Steel screw kit. It took a over night run to get it around like this. But over the course of the year I have bought other vintage stuff to have spare parts and they made their way on this. I have a shock rebuild kit and TiNi shafts waiting for it. But overall 90% of what you seen in the original picture has be salvaged.
    Last edited by Emaxx2.0; 05-26-2013 at 12:53 AM.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx2.0 View Post
    Thanks man. All it took was some mother metal polish on the chassis and just some soaking in CLR for the plastic parts. I had spare hingepins and shocks shafts from my Slash. Transmission was actually in excellent shape with a smooth ball diff and a few bearing needed to be replace. At most $30 b/c of the Stainless Steel screw kit. It took a over night run to get it around like this. But over the course of the year I have bought other vintage stuff to have spare parts and they made their way on this. I have a shock rebuild kit and TiNi shafts waiting for it. But overall 90% of what you seen in the original picture has be salvaged.

Wow,that was an awesome deal then! Very cool.
    Bullet/Bullet2 / Hawk2/ Blue Eagle/E-Maxx/T-Maxx

Thankyou. This is my favorite RC truck I have ever owned. It's so nice and easy to work on and looks better without the body haha. The chassis reminds me of SR71 Blackbird(just in white haha).