RC Qualifier

are the stock fuel lines heat resistant on my tmaxx 3.3

After running it for its first 3 tanks in break in i noticed the black shield tubing by header to protect fuel line started to melt into the header. Should I add some type of additional shield to fuel line or just keep on running it like that? are the stock fuel lines heat resistant?

RC Qualifier
    You shouldnt have a problem with the fuel lines touching the header but that black protective sleves do seem to shrink like shrink wrap

RC Racer
    If you are barely melting the heat shields it may not be too bad, but if they are melting quickly after starting it you may be a little lean. I know you may seem tuned correctly as I did when I first got the 3.3, but it is something that takes time to see. Either way it isn't a bad idea to reroute the lines to avoid the exhaust entirely.

RC Champion
    Latitude:N 37 15' 47.0002" Longitude:W 115 47' 34.8713"
    sitting on the header can maybe cause an issue for fuel lines but not always.... sitting on the exhaust stinger pipe is never an issue...
    Traxxas is good, but so are other Manus

Quote Originally Posted by wvaughn7 View Post
    If you are barely melting the heat shields it may not be too bad, but if they are melting quickly after starting it you may be a little lean. I know you may seem tuned correctly as I did when I first got the 3.3, but it is something that takes time to see. Either way it isn't a bad idea to reroute the lines to avoid the exhaust entirely.
    If you are speaking of the sheathing on the fuel lines, that's not heat shielding, it's to protect the fuel line from abrasions from the cooling head.....Fuel line is heat resistant and should not melt.

Just don't go wrapping the stuff around your header... lol
    Founder of H.U.A.
    I spent What??

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught View Post
    If you are speaking of the sheathing on the fuel lines, that's not heat shielding, it's to protect the fuel line from abrasions from the cooling head.....Fuel line is heat resistant and should not melt.

Just don't go wrapping the stuff around your header... lol
    You learn something every day haha. I just figured it helped keep the heat away from the fuel line right over the header.

RC Qualifier
    yeah and today I did a rookie newbie mistake it was funny. So I was tweaking my low speed needle by doing a pinch test and completely squeezed the red plastic clip leaving it shut. So I leave it shut down go inside get some water to drink and it would not start at all. I thought engine was flooded. Took out glow plug and hit ez start and no fuel spit out. wuts going on. then i notice the red clip.

RC Champion
    first thing I did was take the red clip off.. Its a great idea in theory, but see what happens. All my fuel line is wrapped in stainless braided cable.. I love the look and protects the fuel line. A properly tuned motor should start up right away so i don't need to see fuel in the lines.
    Maxx3.3/ rusty5700/ slash3800/ slash5700 /4tec3.3