RC Champion

New CNC aluminum props

Today I received the two CNC machined aluminum props I had ordered, a X442 and a X443.

The numbers stamped on them are not the X442 & X443, they have 4214 and 4314 which reflects 42 mm X 1.4 pitch and 43 mm X 1.4 pitch.

They are very light weight. I put them on the bench and by blowing on them they will move with ease.

I will weigh them and compare to a copper prop.

I'm going to check for balance. Their weight is so small it may be difficult to check for proper balance.

They have a nice mate finish front and back side.

They are not as sharp as one of my copper or stainless steel props, so may require sharpening. I'll most likely try extra fine sand paper.

I'll provide more info and pictures tomorrow after further assessments of the props.
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Qualifier
    Did you get them from Kintec? I have a cnc x442 from kintec, but haven't had a chance to try it yet.

RC Champion
    Yes I did get them from Kintec.
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Champion
    Both of the CNC aluminum props weighed 3 grams.

The copper X442 was 8 grams as well as the Prather 215.

The stock plastic prop only weighed 2 grams.

My Stainless steel Prather 215 weighed 9 grams, I actually thought the stainless would weigh the same or less.

As far as balancing goes the CNC props are almost right on.... But since they are so light it should do no harm to run them the way they are.

I really believe both CNC props should be sharpened, but I'm going to run them in their "off the shelf" form first, then sharpen and see if the balance is still good. Since the aluminum is soft I may attempt to sharpen in the field.

I have a aluminum Octura X442 (not CNC) that I bought and tested two years ago. It is sharpened and balanced (which it needed both) but the performance was very similar to the plastic stock prop with the exception of the cavitation on the start from a dead stop. This was because of I don't know why. LOL This prop also weighs 3 grams.
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis