Texas, ChevronPhillips Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast

Fr/Rr FLM Hybrid Bulks FLM 18750

I was out bashing a couple weekends ago and was doing some jumps on the ramp and took a hard landing and bend my rear shock tower and broke the ears off the aluminum bulk. The shock tower WAS an Integy one, yeah i know, this is what came on the truck and has lasted 2 years. I'm not sure of the brand on the bulk, no stampings anywhere that I can see. I just got this truck back up and running, I burned out the MMM during Christmas/ New Years . I replaced it with the new MMMv2 WP one. Oh and I was also running the new SPC 4S 6500 60c pack when this happened. LOL

The truck is basically all aluminum. Its my one and only truck setup this way. LOL

FLM Chassis
    FLM A-arms
    FLM Hinge Pins
    FLM Center driveshaft/ Cups

I'm thinking about picking up:

FLM 19000 Fr/Rr Shock Towers ( 2 sets )
    FLM 17750 Fr Hybrid Bulk
    FLM 18750 Rr Hybrid Bulk
    FLM 10010 Motor Mount

How are the Hybrid bulks? Are they worth getting? Any known issues while installing/ running them? I mainly run 4s and occasionally run 6S. I figure if i'm going to replace the rear bulk, mind as well spend a few bucks and have a good setup overall.

Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by DiggerPede; 05-04-2013 at 12:48 PM.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    Digger, personally i think the hybrid bulks are nice parts. They allow you to use 1/8th scale diffs with bigger stronger bearings. Worth the money imo. They do require a little bit of work to get them shimmed propperly. But i think sombody with 6267 posts on here should easily be able to put them together. lol

On this end of the Fulcrum I still have a lot to learn my friend. I have had good luck and enjoy all my other FLM stuff. I just wanted to make sure there werent any known or new issues with these.

These Hydbrid bulks actually include everything to my knowledge.

FLM: We have sold this bulk now for years and decided it was time to avoid confusion and supply the diff and hardware to avoid any issue in trying to get your Maxx in bullet proof condition.
    So that would include everything? All I need to do is bolt it up correct??

I guess I should have noted they are both the Ultimate Hybrid Bulks. LOL Which do include everything, just bolt them up to my knowledge.

Last edited by cooleocool; 05-04-2013 at 11:19 PM. Reason: merge
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    You will need more shims. 13x16mm I would get a couple different thickness of them. And get plenty you will need a few. Maybe some 8mm shims for the pinion too just in case. I dont remember if i used any on the pinion on mine or not.
    For the diff it should come with a bunch of gaskets.

Awesome man.

Here is how much truck sat sometime back before the mishap.

Will the Traxxas steel driveshafts bolt up? With this combo it looks to have outdrive cups already installed. Do you know if they are removeable so I can bolt these puppies up? Sorry for the questions.

If not I can always buy the stock FLM bulks and mount the stock traxxas diffs inside, guess they should be direct bolt up. LOL
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    cool looking truck. They are removable. You have to dissasemble the diff and use the little short axle stubs that come with it.
    Check the cups that are on them maybe they changed them to the right size. 8mm hole for dogbone. Hpi has a one pc cup that will fit i think. Cant remember the part number i will look. I used ue 1-pc cups on mine but had to modify them to fit. If you use the stubs you might also need these. traxxas #5153r extended drive cups.
    Last edited by EMAXXBRUSHLESS; 05-04-2013 at 04:11 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    ultimate hybrids work good, I had no issues with them. I wouldn't get the motor mount, it has LCG which is good, but it situates the motor to far to the right, and will be in the middle of the batt, also making that side heavier, unless you put the batts on the left side. I would swap the aluminum arms for RPm. Traxxas cvd's fit without a problem.

*Pic taken from google this is not my truck use for reference.
    Last edited by RC-Fan; 05-04-2013 at 04:48 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Edmonton, AB (and looking for an RC buddy. PM me if you're from NE Edmonton!)
    On mine the stock driveshafts mount up fine, so the traxxas steel ones should too theoretically.
    Sig edited for awesomeness. NC

Thanks guys. (all btw)

@ RC-FAN. I'm running the FLM A-ARms already with the Steel CVD's no problem. I've had really good luck with all of the other aluminum. Also, thanks for clarifying the motor mount. Even though I'll be running a 4S pack mostly there will be occassions that i'll run 2-2S parallel. I dont' want to hastle with that. Even though its a nice looking piece. Have you run the FLM Shock Towers?

I was wanting to make sure the Ultimate Hybrid Bulks would fit without any issues.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    yes my truck is 90% FLM, but the arms, just started my second truck with a UE monoblock, FLM shock towers are great it allows different shock set up.

Nice man, looks good!!! I have a set of Trenchers/Desperados I still need to glue up and mount. Trying to burn the tread off those HPI's. LOL

I've always loved the FLM shock towers. I'm definitely going to get me a set of them finally. If I ever bend the FLM arms i'll definitely go to RPM. Not sure if that'll ever happen or soon enough. I kinda baby the EMBE. More of a show truck.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Well I went ahead and ordered the Fr & Rr Ultimate Hybrid Bulks, and shock towers. I'm excited to get these puppies in and installed. Hopefully this will make my truck bullet proof for a while. LOL
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Sounds good. Probably You would want beefier shocks to support the added weight.

Quote Originally Posted by RC-Fan View Post
    Sounds good. Probably You would want beefier shocks to support the added weight.
    I'm running Big Bores. Have to check on the spring and shock oil weight. So far they have done a really good job supporting the aluminum that's being replaced.

Man I sure wish we could get more RC Maxx finatics on the board to order some Flex-Tek Titanium A-arms. I'd love to have a set of those on this puppy. LOL
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

I got my package of parts in yesterday. I opened the box and looked them over. I'm excited to get these installed and the truck back on the road.

I'll start an updated thread on the build. Might even slap a new shell on her.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Racer
    You've had those arms r awhile now digger in glad they're still running... Reading this thinking of upgrading my diffs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    EMBE BANDIT VXL SASSY CLOD RC10L RC18MT

Quote Originally Posted by USARUSH View Post
    You've had those arms r awhile now digger in glad they're still running... Reading this thinking of upgrading my diffs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yessir, 2 years now I believe.

I can't wait to start putting the truck back together. Right before I broke the rear bulk I had installed the new MMM2 ESC. LOL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Racer
    Been looking at the hybrid bulks myself. Looking forward to hearing/seeing it.
    Stampede VXL
    E MAXX - Go Big Joe's or go home!

I also ordered a pair of the C.P.M. Titanium skids. I'm stoked to add these to the upgrades. This is going to be a beast of a truck when i'm done. Yay
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    Hey digger, I just got my cpm titanium skids. I think you will like them. very strong and springy stuff. Hopefully wont be bending the rear skid every time it lands on it. lol

Kewl man. It shipped yesterday and scheduled for delivery Monday!!! Saweeeet!!
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    Kewl man. It shipped yesterday and scheduled for delivery Monday!!! Saweeeet!!
    Sweet...I'm interested to hear you feedback after a good few battery pack runs through your rig.
    Rock n Rolla !

Yay!! I got my C.P.M. Titanium skids today. I'm very impressed with them. Now I can't wait to get all these goodies installed. I'll start a build thread here soon. J have a couple other parts to upgrade on the rig to.
    I also have an XO-1 coming later this week. LOL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

I've been running these hybrid bulks and I love them. I had to use a couple of the spacers from the front for the rear so it felt better. So that left me a little loose on the front after a pack of running I put the truck up and contacted FLM and they sent me a pack of spacers and a few other pieces with it. A couple weeks ago I finally got around to tearing into the front bulk and slid another spacer. It has a good feel to it now. Feels totally bullet proof now. So this weekend I put 4- 4S packs through the truck and i'm totaly confident.

I guess I never posted pics of all this installed. I'll have to do this here in the next few days.

The only drawback i'm having is i'm not liking the 1256TG Servo in the truck. I have the MMMv2 WP ESC and have it bumped up to 6.0v and a glitch buster running. Its not really twitching, just seems to not straighten back up like it should. It might not even be the Servo or the controller, maybe its the Tx/Rx (settings goofing up), because I have it dead on the money and it seems to not stay straight after so many minutes of running. Wonder if I should hook up a Castle 10a BEC?
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Glad you are liking those diffs, I guess I missed your thread when you originally posted it. I have those ultimate hybrids on one of my trucks and they are great. I replaced the diffs with hpi vorza's though. We need to get together in the fall and do some Maxx bashing! I get off work on thursday but we're going on vacation in the UK for three weeks so maybe next time I'm home. I don't have any advice for your servo issue.
    I would have given you my flm towers because I will never use them.
    Last edited by SLW-SVT; 08-20-2013 at 04:15 AM.
    X-Maxx Max6 | EB48.3 | ET48.3 | Axial Grave Digger

Thanks man. Sounds like a winner to me. Let me know the next time you are free'd up, i'd like to get together.

If I don't have the Servo thing figured out i'll let you take a look at it. I know the Savox has more than enough umff to turn the tires. It gives me 277.7oz @ 6.0v. I have a JR High Voltage Servo in my ERBE with nearly the same size tread and no issues there. It has the old MMM and a glitch buster. I might try some troubleshooting here in the next couple of weeks.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

I think I have the Savox on my P4de. I had to add the smaller castle bec for it to act properly.

Yeah i'm running a 10a BEC with my Desert Rat Slash 4x4. It works 10x better. I'm just not understanding why its not staying dead on strait with this setup. I center the wheels & Servo and everything is good to go. Then tweak it once i'm ready to run. Then it doesnt seem to stay strait like it should. I also have the camber and toe out to exact measurements. At least as good as I can by measuring and eyeballing. LOL
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

have you tried seeing if your bellcrank and knuckles swings freely with the servo detached? IF you are using the stock horn you may have a couple of teeth stripped. Maybe you need a stronger servo saver spring? I'm just trying to think of things that may be off but it might just need more voltage

I have checked to see if it runs freely. I'll double check it again, also the horn. It could be something i'm missing to. LOL

On another note: As much as I like the fine adjustments for camber on this rig, it can be a royal pain in the behind to. haha
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

well good luck! I take it that you can't adjust yours with the wheels on? that it a pain lol

Quote Originally Posted by SLW-SVT View Post
    well good luck! I take it that you can't adjust yours with the wheels on? that it a pain lol
    I can, still a pain. Think its because you can adjust the bottom and the top pivot balls. Its not that bad, well you know what I mean.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

you need to make a build thread! there's not that many emaxx builds going on right now. My two builds and Emaxxbrushless are the only ones I can think of.

Yes I do. This is the only one I have on it. LOL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Quote Originally Posted by SLW-SVT View Post
    you need to make a build thread! there's not that many emaxx builds going on right now. My two builds and Emaxxbrushless are the only ones I can think of.
    I'm going to have to take your advice and start a thread on my truck. The Grave Robber body is on its last leg. It has finally been bashed to where its unusable on the truck. I picked up a new body, paint, shock towers & posts. I'm thinking about pulling some of the aluminum so I can bash it a little bit more, shock towers and possibly the arms if I do. Just thinking I may keep it as a street runner, if I do i'll leave this aluminum on. Not that I need another hard basher truck, keep this one basically as show. haha I used a set of treads I got with my ERBE. Not saying to much just enough to get you guys a little winkling of interest. LOL

Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore