Thread: Dialled in

RC Champion

Dialled in

Took my nimh 5000 batteries in to work today since I was having issues with 6 of them not going much past 3000 during charging due to a another charger messing them up. I figured I would charge them at 1 amp and see what happened. Like usual got a little above 3000. Let them sit for a hour and did the same thing about 4 more times. And with the extra I was able to get a full charge of over 5000. Ok finally. Come home and went out to mess around. Well got about a hour out of it with a mix of high and low. I must say this truck it dialled in perfectly with the slingers on it. All the areas I used to lock up for did not have to use them once. Climbing over old logs, stumps, hills, you name it I had it. Short mod list and it works flawless. With the mudslingers on stock rims I changed the pinion down to a 12t. I had the double orange springs on the rear but was not happy with how high they jacked the truck just to get rid of the squat. Took them off put the stock rears back in with a little preload on them and changed the oil to 70wt. I have very little squat, suspension arms are level where I wanted them, and suspension is still nice and soft when crawling still have to tweak the preload a bit. Still need to change the front oil. Lowered body down so it is pretty much level with the bottom of battery tray. Now the only thing that sucks is I have no use for the locker switch now. Hehe

RC Racer
    I've always seen tweaking and tuning your rc as 1/2 the fun. From my summit, my bashers and where tuning can be tedious, my drifter. It can be a pain sometimes but when you get it right where you want it, it's an exceptional feeling of accomplishment.
    crawl-bash-swim. The Summit does it all.

RC Champion
    ya i love to work on the thing.. i also like to find different ways to do things. As you can see by running my slingers on stock rims and doing my suspension different to everyone else..hehe