Thread: Batteries

RC Competitor

Batteries

This is sort of a two part question.

I have been using the NiMH battery that came with my car along with about 5 others of the same battery.
    I use the traxxas EZ Peak 2 amp charger. Sometimes I run 2 batteries in Series and sometimes I run just
    one. I have the high speed gear installed. I've had my car for about 3 months now and only one of the batteries will hold a charge. Is this normal? What is went wrong with the other batteries? I will put them on the charger and it will turn green 20 minutes later and I plug it in my MERV and it barely moves.

Second Question is if I get the Traxxas Lipo 6 AMP charger, which traxxas Lipo battery is best for my MERV. It's brushless. I'm sure this question has been asked a million times so thanks for helping me! I just want to run my car and I cant because I have nothing but useless NiMH batteries.

RC Racer
    you already know what to do. ditch the NiMH's and upgrade to LiPo!!! as long as you get the right charger, and charge at a safe amperage rate, you're good.

I have both the traxxas 3s for pavement runs, and 2s for track time. been very happy with these batteries.
    MERV - 3S 23/50
    Revo 3.3 - stock

RC Champion
    all of the NIMH batteries I have ever had always slowly loose the ability to fully charge, never have had that issue with lipos
    With great brushless comes great responsibility.

RC Competitor
    If I get 3s is there a certain mah I am looking for? Thanks guys

Whatever fits:

I think the largest I have seen fit is 1800mAh.

With 3S, be prepared to gear down to try to help with heat issues and replace parts.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    spc makes a 2500 MAH 2s. I run them in paralel, I have never run them long enough to know how long they last. Long enough to get sick of playing.