What's in the Box? Product Reviews... and the box they came in...

I am looking at ROAR legal ESC/Motor combos for my 2x4 Slash and my buggy. I have done a lot of research online followed up by looking on Youtube for video reviews, there is a TON of great information out there if you are willing to sift through it all. I think I have found my combo for both of my RCs, sadly not Traxxas, their BL stuff is great, but not ROAR legal.

One thing most reviews have in common is the reviewed product's unboxing, in most reviews this is about 1/4 to 1/3 of the video. At the end of the unboxing you learn that the product was packed in a box when the reviewer received it, I assume this already and really don't care to waste time watching the reviewer remove the product from the packaging, thank goodness for the slidebar! Now, if there is something interesting or note-worthy about how it was packed, then sure, throw that in there, if not, I can do without it.

So, if you decide to make a review video, we all love to hear other people's experiences with products we are interested in, please skip the unboxing.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

It is nice to know what to expect as far as packaging quality. I like to see how well things are packed especially if the item is being shipped.

Sent from my Torch!
    Don’t handicap children by making life easy

RC Champion
    Actually, I find the unboxing to be a very useful part of the review. A look at how the company packed the product can reflect upon the quality of a product in my opinion. I certainly would think twice about ordering a product that came very poorly shipped.
    Land of the free?

Since the unboxing seems to be the topic, I'll add my 2¢: it can be done in 15 seconds, 30 if you're not trying. I don't think anybody would really mind that. But some videos are 5, 10, even 15 minutes long and are all unboxing. That's quite a bit TMI regarding packaging.
    Alt-248 on the number pad = °

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    I agree with KSB. I like to know how a product is packaged. It IS important to me. But not 1/3 of a review important. Some people forget that the excitement they feel opening a new toy does not translate to the viewer well at all. Were interested in INFO, not enthusiasm about a new toy. Just the facts mam... just the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Since the unboxing seems to be the topic, I'll add my 2¢: it can be done in 15 seconds, 30 if you're not trying. I don't think anybody would really mind that. But some videos are 5, 10, even 15 minutes long and are all unboxing. That's quite a bit TMI regarding packaging.
    EXACTLY!!!!

Throw in a comment how well it was packed and lets move on. Sometimes getting the the product free of the packaging is sometimes an ordeal, in that case, throw it into the review. Or, when you open the box everything just falls out in a heap, that is also good to know, but really shouldn't take more than a minute or so.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired