Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 74
  1. #1
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    63

    Freshly New to this rc stuff and I am addicted!

    About 4 months ago I bought a used hpi e10 drift car since that's the type of 1:1 cars I am into... A month later a friend traded me his slash for a camera...

    3 months in, I am fully addicted to this Slash and don't care for anything else rc related. lol.


    Its a 2wd VXL Velineon Slash

    Pre Lipo battery, life was okay.





    Then I wanted a old school look, did not really care if the wheel base was not exact..







    Broke a few parts here and there, started buying rpm replacements, actually it has been about every run I break parts..
    Once I bought a 3s lipo, wow it was like waking the beast up! That vxl3s and 3500kv velineon were sick as **** to run!
    Pop wheelies, no prob. Change pinion gear to go faster, no prob.









    Two months in... Velineon siezed, bought the rebuild kit... Put everthing back together, come to find out the VXL-3s ESC burnt. So out with the old which I will be sending to traxxas to get fixed.


  2. #2
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    63
    Last week, In with the NEW- Mamba Max Pro SCT with the 3800kv..
    and a few other parts like the integy roll cage, some proline rear shocks and springs for the front, YES for the front!
    I wanted a wider stanced baja look so I went Jato front arms and aluminum caster blocks, few mods and cutting and the arms went in correctly (i didn't want to install them reversed. I wanted left on left and right on right).













    And last night started cutting my new body up.. Ford raptor




    Thats about it for now...


    Wanted to thank this community!!! I have been learning as I go and when I get stumped I just come on here and search... so Thank you guys!

    Milt

  3. #3
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Manchester (UK)
    Posts
    213
    nice little potted history there and some great pics, and videos?

  4. #4
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,485
    Addicted is the perfect word.
    I was complaining about buying a $400 barbeque,but cant seem to go to the lhs for a $5 part,and not walk out with $400 in parts,and forgot the $5 part I went for,LOL.
    Maybe it's my subconscious giving me a reason to go back
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

  5. #5
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    11
    Nice pics and write up. As much as I like the Raptor that Blazer body looks awesome on there.
    Thank you for sharing your addiction with us!

  6. #6
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by tachikoma1373 View Post
    nice little potted history there and some great pics, and videos?
    Thank you, This is the last video I took. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1q4eeojW9R8

    Quote Originally Posted by billy-bones View Post
    Addicted is the perfect word.
    I was complaining about buying a $400 barbeque,but cant seem to go to the lhs for a $5 part,and not walk out with $400 in parts,and forgot the $5 part I went for,LOL.
    Maybe it's my subconscious giving me a reason to go back
    lol, I hear you... 5 dollars does become more than a couple 100s..

    Quote Originally Posted by JJJake View Post
    Nice pics and write up. As much as I like the Raptor that Blazer body looks awesome on there.
    Thank you for sharing your addiction with us!
    Thank you, That blazer is my favorite one by far.

  7. #7
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    696
    looks like its just a little tight in the rear shock department looks as if its getting all its movement from the rears tires for bounce other then that i like the hill climbs
    Anza Slash & a pile of Parts

  8. #8
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. O.G.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South of St Louis
    Posts
    6,101
    Nice mod you made on the Jato front. Did you use Jato turnbuckles?
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

  9. #9
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by skye View Post
    looks like its just a little tight in the rear shock department looks as if its getting all its movement from the rears tires for bounce other then that i like the hill climbs
    I've been messing with the rear springs and I haven't found a rate I like yet.

    Quote Originally Posted by O.G. View Post
    Nice mod you made on the Jato front. Did you use Jato turnbuckles?
    I did, I used Jato turnbuckles and turned the stock ones on the steering.

  10. #10
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    38
    Great looking truck!

    Our lhs is about 65 miles away... So Amain has gotten a lot of my money. They are great folks to deal with.

  11. #11
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    63
    So the stock chassis cracked on me in two places, bought a black chassis off ebay and swapped it out





    Not the most perfect paint job but I am digging it!






  12. #12
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by HowardTheDuck View Post
    Great looking truck!

    Our lhs is about 65 miles away... So Amain has gotten a lot of my money. They are great folks to deal with.
    Thank you! man that is far, luckily I have 2 of them within 5 miles but at times I'd rather pay online and wait.

  13. #13
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    38
    If I had 2 that close I'd be broke, and my wife would kill me. lol

  14. #14
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    63
    Update:

    Broken top shaft pin and tranny cover halves got ground down by a gear...




    Another Raptor body that a friend sent me,






  15. #15
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by billy-bones View Post
    Addicted is the perfect word.
    I was complaining about buying a $400 barbeque,but cant seem to go to the lhs for a $5 part,and not walk out with $400 in parts,and forgot the $5 part I went for,LOL.
    Maybe it's my subconscious giving me a reason to go back
    Billy that sounds like me. I built a hobby room in the basement stucco walls ceramic tile floor and two benches I spent a few dollars. The wife says there is a gazebo at lowes for 500 my response was the hobby room isn't finished lol

  16. #16
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    63
    So the problem I was having, thought it was the top shaft for the 3rd time but it ended up being the transmission cover shafts that got ground down.



    New cover


    Blacked out everything..

    Last edited by Miltdoggie; 05-24-2013 at 11:39 PM.

  17. #17
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO.
    Posts
    2,066
    Yup, it will happen!

  18. #18
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    63
    So I ended up getting the rpm revlovers wide..


  19. #19
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. kdvanb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Grassie Ontario Canada
    Posts
    3,136
    Looking good
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

  20. #20
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    El Cajon Ca
    Posts
    1,805
    Looks like you've been enjoying yourself more than any one person should be allowed LOL..... Gotta love it!

    Good work my man!!!
    "enjoy your ride"

    Dennis

  21. #21
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by kdvanb View Post
    Looking good
    Quote Originally Posted by orca44 View Post
    Looks like you've been enjoying yourself more than any one person should be allowed LOL..... Gotta love it!

    Good work my man!!!
    Thanks guys!! lol



    I am really digging how this 1/8th scale team associated rival body looks on my slash... Now to find an extra body for it.


  22. #22
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    63









  23. #23
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    woodstock .on.canada
    Posts
    2,229
    what shell is that in the last couple pic's? been looking for a suv type body
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo

  24. #24
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by reod12x2 View Post
    what shell is that in the last couple pic's? been looking for a suv type body
    Its the proline blazer.

  25. #25
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    63
    Haven't posted in a bit..

    Bought and painted my Baja Bug body on saturday...





    Added front E Revo threaded shocks


  26. #26
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    117
    Lookin good Milt, I recently unknowingly attempted a cobalt he pearl paint job lets just say not so happy with the results.

  27. #27
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    63





  28. #28
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    63
    That sucks, did you back it up with silver?

  29. #29
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    35
    Love that Blazer body!!

    You mentioned you regeared after getting the 3s. What gearing are you running?

  30. #30
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by rvee86 View Post
    Love that Blazer body!!

    You mentioned you regeared after getting the 3s. What gearing are you running?
    Thanks, I threw in 86t spur and 23t pinion

  31. #31
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    El Cajon Ca
    Posts
    1,805
    The Baja Bug body is one of my favorites. Nice paint job.

    What tires are those on the front?
    "enjoy your ride"

    Dennis

  32. #32
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by orca44 View Post
    The Baja Bug body is one of my favorites. Nice paint job.

    What tires are those on the front?
    Thanks! I do not know what brand that is other than them being a cheap brand from my LHS.

  33. #33
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    63
    So had to upgrade the tranny case, a bearing seized inside causing it to overheat and burn the plastic.



    New one

  34. #34
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    63
    So transmission is still giving me problems..

    First off it was slipping while on load, wasnt the input shaft's roll pin, but I added another washer in between that and it stopped slipping.

    Now my problem is that the shaft and spur keep overheating and I have checked and replaced every bearing inside the tranny case, cannot figure out why its over heating.
    I also tightened the spur all the way then backed it up a turn and a quarter. So I don't know if thats too loose.

  35. #35
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, B.C. Canada
    Posts
    255
    What did you use to extend the front?
    Slash 2wd Vxl, ERBE; Crash N Learn

  36. #36
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by Miltdoggie View Post
    So transmission is still giving me problems..

    First off it was slipping while on load, wasnt the input shaft's roll pin, but I added another washer in between that and it stopped slipping.

    Now my problem is that the shaft and spur keep overheating and I have checked and replaced every bearing inside the tranny case, cannot figure out why its over heating.
    I also tightened the spur all the way then backed it up a turn and a quarter. So I don't know if thats too loose.
    Backing up 1 and quarter turn looks like a lot to me. I run my slash slipperclutch backing up only a quarter. A slipping clutch creates heat.
    Slash 2WD lcg Chuckworks & 4WD lcg Traxxas
    Summit

  37. #37
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by wmckay96 View Post
    What did you use to extend the front?
    I used jato arms.

  38. #38
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    63
    Finally picked up some sand paddles...


  39. #39
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    63
    So new wheels are on.




  40. #40
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by Miltdoggie View Post
    That sucks, did you back it up with silver?
    Just saw your reply to post, I backed it with gold wanting to try something new, lol

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •