RC poster

best gearing for merv using stock esc & motor ?

Trying to figure what is the best gearing using stock esc & motor with (2)7.2 nihm batteries looking for speed

RC Competitor
    The highest you should do speed passes with a good break between runs is in the manual, it also has the 23t pinion you need to put on for running 2 NiMH Packs in series in the box with the kit, but not the series connector.

So 50/23 but still a bit safer with a bit lower gearing.
    Last edited by SiNFULREVO; 05-07-2013 at 01:23 PM.

RC poster
    My servo is making a clicking sound and won't turn the wheels ..is my servo going bad? And for higher speeds should I.take out my center diff?

The center diff will probably help with stability at higher speeds.

The servo might have a stripped gear.
    Easy fix and a cheap part kit.
    --
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker

RC poster
    Thanks. Was just wondering if the diff was taking away power. Also switched to pro line beaded road hogs. A bit heavier so should I go with a 22 or 21tooth pinion to help with speed? Also I have two 11v lipos coming I'm going to run parallel. Good or bad?

Thanks .actually ordered another servo. Wanna run two
    Last edited by cooleocool; 05-12-2013 at 09:27 AM. Reason: merge

Two servos will kill each other quick unless you make adjustable links from the servo horn to the servo saver.

Replacing the gears in a stock servo is just a band-aid in my opinion... the same will keep happening until you upgrade. There are 3 servos that have a good rep in these... BlueBird 390, Hitec 5085, and Corona 238.

Those HEAVY locks are going to suck a lot of energy, driving temps up. I suggest ditching them if you want speed without heat issues.

3S is good for speed runs, but that is about it... at least for me.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    Unless your playing on a drag strip, go factory gearing and GET LIPO'S!!!!!

I had asked all the same questions and had all the same concerns, 2s lipo in paralel with factory gearing.

I can flip the truck over at any speed by aplying full throttle. I cant imagine ANY reason I would need more speed unless I was drag racing on pavement.