RC Racer

Tekin T8 2250KV + RX8 ESC Rustler VXL

So I have a rustler VXL and a long story short, I had to put the velineon system back in my slash ultimate when I sold it... The Tekin was in the slash. Since then I have acquired an Emaxx Brushless and an Erevo Brushless, both with the MMM systems, naturally.. So I have the rustler with no motor/esc and my Tekin lying around... I thought HMMM... I used my dremel to make the T8 Motor fit in the RPM trans case I have on the Rustler and after some soldering and wire routing and a lot more dremel-ing, lol, I have a tekin 2250kv setup in my rustler... I tried it out briefly last night on 4s and it is uncontrollable fast... The tire/wheel setup on there right now is a 1/8 scale buggy set up with proline road rage tires, 17mm hexes...

My question is where would one find weights for the front to keep the nose planted? Any other recommendations for making my rocket ship a little more stable???

Any recommendations and tips are greatly appreciated... I will put up some pics later for you all so you can see what I see...
    Last edited by Dadx2mj; 04-25-2013 at 10:28 AM.

RC Champion
    Sent you a pm for weights . not sure if i could post it hear .
    1 Rusty VXL + Slash 4x4 Platinum

RC Racer
    I got it 60, thanks..!! That will help... I ran it a little more today at lunch on 4s.... OMG..... its way too light all over but especially in the front... I don't know if a Tekin Rustler is my cup of tea... I might just put a mamba monster in it, (I have a spare if I put the Tekin in my erevo) and sell it... Of course I'll have to take a million pics and post it in the MP... If you know anyone who might be interested let me know.. you can text me at 443-966-0049..

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Tekin or MMM definitely an overkill, it is not even funny, probably for straight speed runs, and you will need to tune up the shocks, lower the suspension, put a lot of weight at front, get 1/8 on road belted tires, probably a gyro..anyways it needs some mods.

RC Racer
    I've been working on the mods for this beast.. Got the suspension tweaked right, got the 1/8 scale buggy street tires on it.. Just need weight in the front.. Does anyone know of anything that will work that is readily available at say a hardware store or like Home Depot or Lowes? I don't like to wait for crap off eBay...

Had it out today for a bit on 3s with some make shift weight in the front in the form of a fold up allen wrench set bungee corded to the front bumper, lol, worked pretty good.. .Took some nice tumbles down the road, but luckily nothing broke.. One was so bad the RX8 turned itself off somehow.. Took the body off and flipped the power switch and it came right back on... I love driving it... I might put the 1/8 badlands on rulux wheels on when I get home from work, slap in the 3s and hit the dirt with it... See how that goes.....

I zip tied a small adjustable wrench to my front bumper for years and it worked well... wasn't pretty though. How about lead concrete anchors? Lowes has those for sure.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Racer
    I was thinking about ordering from ebay those self adhering lead weights they stick on the inside of your car rims to balance the wheels.. I can get a buttload off ebay for like $14... Once I do, I'll let yall know how that works out.... Saw a Mod1 36T spur at the LHS the other day... Might have to get that too.... Think it'll go good with my 21T pinion for rediculous speeds....!!! Ludicrous SPEEEEEEED....!!! I'm trying to go plaid....!! LOL (spaceballs)