RC Qualifier

How to reglue old tires?

So I was halfway through a session today(just now actually) trying out old proline road rage tires. Got them off of a tmaxx 3.3 I got for parts. 30 bucks. Feel good about the deal. Anyway, I was running and doing wheelies, when all of a sudden the glue came undone and foam popped out.

How can I reglue this?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Or should I ask, what type of glue and how do you hold the tire in place? All of the tires are losing their bead, so I will do all of them. Thanks for any tips!

Last edited by cooleocool; 04-22-2013 at 08:04 PM. Reason: merge
    2wd Slash VXL
    3906 MMM

RC Qualifier
    I like to use losi tire glue. Found at most hobby shops. But I've never had luck re gluing old tires. Try putting the tire in the bead and pulling back slightly. Add small amounts leaving a gap between, let dry and repeat in different spots until the whole bead is glued. Use the glue straw that comes with most good tire glues. And rubber bands around the tires help press the bead tight.
    The best thing about Groundhog Day??? Bill Murray.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks. Superglue wouldn't work would it?

2wd Slash VXL
    3906 MMM

Super glue (CA glue) would work. Tire glue is basically the same thing, but it can have some slightly different ingredients from what I have been told. That said, I have been using Loctite super glue for years without an issue. Just make sure that you clean the gluing surfaces well before you attempt to re-glue them.

Those tires and wheels likely were sold as a premounted set. Pro-Line used to sell both Maxx Mashers and Road Rage tires mounted on those Velocity Six wheels. I owned both sets and both had the same issue you are having.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Champion
    +1 on the CA glue, glued several sets of tires with no problem.

Hope you enjoy those road rages, i love my Phatlines even though they are old and falling apart.
    This parrot is NO MORE!!! This is an ex-parrot!!!

RC Qualifier
    I've been using this CA with great results for years http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...hened-CA-1-2oz.
    Doesn't get hard and brittle like regular CA and is almost invisible on the rubber. Very flexible bond. There's no better CA glue for Tires or Carbon Fiber, IMO .