RC Competitor

VXL Motor Beyond Repair?

One of our 4x4 Stampedes quit today about halfway through a battery (its only a month old, about 5 packs through it).

Taking off the motor cover it was easy to see that the motor bearing had gone, and was rusty. Now I was, then dry (with compresssed air) and wd-40 most of the truck after wet running (snow), but I dig inside. The rest of the drive train appears to be all OK and runs smooth. Anyways, taking apart the motor this is what I see:

Untitled by ishbits, on Flickr

I was going to replace the bearings, but that looks a bit shreded inside to me.. Am I right?

Anyway to seal off this part of the truck a bit more? Otherwise I'll be taking off the cover after each wet run to give it a shot of WD-40..

Oh.. Somewhere else I read that WD-40 slowly wears out the plastic. Is there a WD-40 alternative that will displace the water, but not eat at the plastic?

Thanks.

I was going to replace the bearings, but that looks a bit shreded inside to me.. Am I right?

Anyway to seal off this part of the truck a bit more? Otherwise I'll be taking off the cover after each wet run to give it a shot of WD-40..

Oh.. Somewhere else I read that WD-40 slowly wears out the plastic. Is there a WD-40 alternative that will displace the water, but not eat at the plastic?
    Hmmm... Did the motor magnet get chewed up too? It doesn't matter though, it looks too far gone IMO. From what I know, WD-40 doesn't eat plastic, I'm not 100% sure. Watch out, it will attract dirt like crazy. Either way, Good luck.
    Summit Rustler Sl2sh TMaxx Pnde Slayer Sl4sh

You want to use a dry silicon bearing lube instead of wd-40 its over rated try GT85 is the mac daddy....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!