slash racing explained please!

ok so i really want to get into actually racing. i think it would be great fun to do something other than just bash. im wondering what the typical classes are for a 2wd slash?

im running stock motor and esc with an esc fan, alot of rpm, and i want to go lcg as well to keep from flipping over. im still looking into what i believe is a private track very near by me. but from what i gather its dirt oval. i seen he has catagories such as owb which i think is open wheel buggy, then short course, and some fifth scale.
    there's no life like a LOW LIFE!
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    i just got this off the ROAR page this is what i guess is the latest rules thats all i could find everything was 2013 and i clicked on rules and this is what came up
    http://www.roarracing.com/downloads/..._Rule_Book.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by 08kgraves View Post
    ok so i really want to get into actually racing. i think it would be great fun to do something other than just bash. im wondering what the typical classes are for a 2wd slash?

im running stock motor and esc with an esc fan, alot of rpm, and i want to go lcg as well to keep from flipping over. im still looking into what i believe is a private track very near by me. but from what i gather its dirt oval. i seen he has catagories such as owb which i think is open wheel buggy, then short course, and some fifth scale.
    Anza Slash & a pile of Parts

ok cool, i dont think this is going to be a roar scenario but i guess its a good starting point. thanks for the link, i messaged the guy who runs it, so hopefully he will get back with me soon. looks like they run on sundays. but i dont even know where the track is at.
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    it will help you understand a little more and see what they allow thats how i got started with mine trying to keep it in the class its meant to be in

Quote Originally Posted by 08kgraves View Post
    ok cool, i dont think this is going to be a roar scenario but i guess its a good starting point. thanks for the link, i messaged the guy who runs it, so hopefully he will get back with me soon. looks like they run on sundays. but i dont even know where the track is at.

i dont really know what class i would want to be in. something that requires a stock motor and esc and say only 2s lipo. those rules and everything else is open game lol. i would be fine with that lol. then it comes down more to setup and driver skill lol.

here it is on facebook though

http://www.facebook.com/YrcRacing?fref=ts
    Drag It!

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    seen this in one of the posts:
    Classes Today : 2wd Short Course , Open Wheel Brushed , 5th Scale , Open Unlimited
    Qualifing : 4 laps
    Heat : 10 laps
    Main : 25 laps for 2wd SC , 5th , and Open
    20 laps for Open Wheel Brushed
    Your just gonna have to find out what exact rules are for each class.

If using a vxl motor, you will have to run a modified class normally, as it is not considered a stock motor. I am guessing that the 2wd sc would be your aim.
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

That looks like a lot of fun. Best thing to do is go regularly and it will probably take a few weeks to get the kinks straightened out. It took me about all summer last year to really get going on it. You'll need at least 2 good lipos and a fast charger, or a second charger.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Qualifier
    Short Course 2wd
    1. Any stock 2wd Short course truck ROAR Rules
    2. No tire rule, must be stock 2.2/3.0 wheel
    3. Any motor configuration
    4. Stock short course body , no modifications, wings , spoilers , etc.
    5. 2 cell lipo or 7 cell NiMh ONLY
    6. No weight can be added

Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    seen this in one of the posts:

Your just gonna have to find out what exact rules are for each class.

If using a vxl motor, you will have to run a modified class normally, as it is not considered a stock motor. I am guessing that the 2wd sc would be your aim.

We have a slash 2wd only class,you have to run the stock chassis.
    It's really a lot of fun. There is a stock class for beginners,and unlimited for better drivers.
    But you must run the stock chassis at all time in the slash class.
    Dose anyone else have a slash only class?
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    If my track did, I woulkd still be racing

yeah i got the guys number and called him. but he was sitting down to eat dinner. i left him a message and he text me back to tell me that. he was supposed to call me after, but i think he forgot. ill text him tomorrow at work because sounds like this is right down the road from my work.

i have 2 good 2 cell lipos though and one with no balance port that im sketchy to use but it stays around still lol. then i have a 3 cell as well. and i have a decent charger. a good balance charge takes about an hour though. one day im going to get me that hitec x4 ac plus charger though so i can charge 4 batteries at once lol.
    Drag It!

RC poster
    My local track sometimes runs a stock 2wd slash class, which means Traxxas ESC and brushed motor and stock HCG chassis. I've read that some tracks do similar but require Traxxas tires too.

If I had to go brushed and stock wheels I wouldn't race lol. I like the idea of just 2wd sc
    Drag It!

ok so i talked to the guy who runs the track and everything and found out the rules and such.

2wd short course 2013 rules.

1.) any stock 2wd sc truck ROAR rules (more of a guideline)

2.) not tire/wheel rule other than must be a stock size 2.2/3" wheel.

3.) any motor configuration

4.) stock short course body (so no modding it with holes, wings, spoilers,ect)

5.) 2cell lipo or 7 cell nimh batteries only

6.) no weight can be added

I talked with him about lcg chassis and all that. basically i can run any aftermarket lcg chassis i want as long as i dont modify it from the way it was designed. so i could run a chunk works, proline, strc or whatever. i just cant modify it more by drilling holes to reduce weight and what not.

now the track............ the track is scaled down 1/4 dirt oval, so its not small or supper tight corners or anything like that. they have clocked trucks in the low 40mph at the end of strait aways lol. hes going to help me set up my truck and get it dialed in even. gave me tire recomendations and all. the track is sand just so everyone knows. but its not loose sand. its like a hard pack sand. and the tires he recomended are duratrax posse supper soft, duratrax shotgun super soft, and j concepts enduros super soft. atleast thats what he recomended for rear tire options. didnt really mention for fronts but the one guy is running the other brand tire that looks just like proline streetfighters in super soft and said they work pretty good.

also said they tried some trenchers like i have but in m3 and they were some of the worst tires ever ran out there lol. yay me lol
    Drag It!

If you can put in any motor you want, then on a high speed oval, your gonna want a higer kv motor. Your gonna have higher corner speed, so your not gonna need a super torque low kv motor. how long are the races?

You will not want a chassis with a mid motor config. No need to have a more agile setup on a big track.
    Last edited by rag6; 04-16-2013 at 07:44 PM.

ok, thanks everyone so far i started a thread for pure setup help so if you would like to continue post in there please

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...39#post5482539
    Drag It!

RC Racer
    We are trying to get a box stock Slash Class going at Cincinnati RC Raceway. Here are basic rules that we use...

http://www.cincinnatircraceway.com/

Stock Slash Class Rules

1/10 2WD STOCK SLASH

(#5807 Slash VXL runs in Pro Mod 2wd SCT Class).

1.) Truck must be a 2WD Traxxas Slash.

2.) Battery - Any 2 cell Lipo 65c max or 6-7 cell NiMH allowed.

3.) Motor - Must be Traxxas Titan 12T 550 motor.

4.) Electronics - Must be Traxxas XL-5 ESC and #2075 Servo, but can be any radio/reciever combo.

5.) Shocks - Must be stock Traxxas Slash shocks and springs (You may use any weight shock oil and aluminium caps).

6.) Gearing - Any 48 pitch spur and pinion combination.

7.) Body - Any short course body that covers all 4 wheels when looking down on the truck.

8.) Must use only Traxxas Slash parts except the following: RPM front and rear shock towers, A-arms, and hub carriers (Integy hubs are also allowed).

9.) Tires - Must be box stock Slash tires and wheels (S1 compound tires are not allowed).

10.) Anything not listed above is not legal in this class.
    2 MERV's
    2 1/18 Mini Desert Truck & Buggy