RC Enthusiast

Flywheel cut ground wire (yellow) while driving.

So my flywheel cut the ground wire while driving on grass. I immediately noticed the Slayer wouldn't shift in to second gear. Just revved loud and wouldn't go too fast. I'm going to replace the ground wire tomorrow. My question is there a correlation between wire getting cut and the shifting/high rpm ? Thanks in advance.

No. Check the slipper clutch to make sure it is tight. Also, how did the yellow wire get around the area of the flywheel? It should go straight through the shock mount and back through the wire holders up to the harness.
    Last edited by Double G; 06-10-2016 at 08:07 AM.
    The Super Derecho

RC Enthusiast
    Not sure how that happened with the ground wire. It must of had too much slack and touched the flywheel. The friction pads in the slipper clutch were wore down to nothing when I inspected the clutch. I replaced the pads and it was hitting 2nd gear again. The overall performance is poor and I cant even accelerate now. Not sure what to do next.

Did you crash? Is the exhaust louder than before? Note burned oil on the engine and shocks? If so the header is split right behind the mount and needs replacing.
    The Super Derecho

RC Enthusiast
    No didn't crash. I was finishing tuning the engine when it wouldnt go into second gear. I noticed the pads on the clutch were completely gone. Replaced the pads and tightened the clutch. The engine sounds just fine except the truck wont go anywhere. Not sure if I should replace the entire clutch? I held the spur gear and couldn't roll it backward so I think the Tranny is ok. Throttle servo is working fine as well.

RC Enthusiast

Cool

Turns out it was a small pin that slides into the clutch shaft (outside of the clutch housing). It somehow dislodged itself while bashing. Replaced the pin and will give it a go tomorrow. Thanks for your help!

RC poster
    ha ha my new Slayer pro 3.3 Nitro torque monster wheeler ......( just last week new) had a U joint e clip missing and it jammed the driveshaft and bent the pin , A U joint kit fixed it and not only that it came with no mounting screws in the chassis to the transmission and the plastic steering servo gear lasted ONE day .

I have one of my old school T Maxx .015 new spare steering servos in there now (backwards ofc. ) and Savox SC-1251MG metal servo gears on order for the orig Slayer Pro Traxass 2075 steering servo .

I'll see if Traxxas will send me a servo because I don't want plastic servo gears they don't last in the Slayer pro and it's only some days old and I can upgrade the gears in that too and have a metal gear spare. The Traxxas Slayer Pro steering servo is a little faster than the T Maxx 2056 steering Servo anyway and more to my liking in the Slayer Pro .

The Nitro T .015 max is apart anyway. I'm putting a new chassis ,bulkheads ,shock towers ,body posts , grave digger shell ,a arms and chassis braces etc. on it and rebuilding the shocks and the motor also and putting a new carburetor on it . The next rebuild here will be the old school Associated TC 3 Nitro track car sled .

The new Slayer pro wheeler is nitro murder at 1/10 scale and fast as a scalded dog and handles well for a high gravity center short course wheeler .
    Last edited by slayerpromurder; 06-13-2016 at 03:48 PM.