RC Enthusiast

Angry FLM bulkheads....missing parts

so i just installed my FLM front bulkheads on my EMAXX 3908 and i have two questions. first the chassis doesnt match flush with the bulkheads. is that right? im thinking maybe they were made to fit the FLM chassis... but they mount up to the screw holes in the chassis perfectly. i will try to include a picture here in a few. secondly, they included the bottom suspension pins, but not the top. the stock pins are too big to fit the FLM holes in the bulkhead. anybody know if this is how they come or was i shorted parts by accident? i am throwing a bday party for my daughter this weekend and wanted to show off my baby to all my boys who will be there....anybody know of some suspension pins that will work? also one last note...the RPM bulkhead brace i had fits but not exactly tight, pretty close tho. is this cool or should i spring for the FLM bulkhead braces? thanks for all your help guys. hopefully get some pics up by lunch time.:

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    something like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-T-Ma...item2c6dc100aa
    get some pics the front is different from the rear
    Last edited by 50togo; 04-05-2013 at 12:53 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by 50togo View Post
    something like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-T-Ma...item2c6dc100aa
    get some pics the front is different from the rear
    thanks 50! i will post some pics here in the next hour or so. thanks for your help...you are one of the few i knew i could count on. too bad ur in Socal i would say lets get a bash session going! or hit me up if you ever come up to the bay!

RC Champion
    Hey I'm having the same problems with my hybrids I think your right about being made for the flm chassis

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx1991 View Post
    I think your right about being made for the flm chassis
    I never had the stock chassis, but they fit perfectly with the flm chassis. You can dremel the chassis to make them fit, but with all the added weight of the bulkheads, and shock towers you are stressing the chassis, I would recommend getting the flm chassis.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by RC-Fan View Post
    I never had the stock chassis, but they fit perfectly with the flm chassis. You can dremel the chassis to make them fit, but with all the added weight of the bulkheads, and shock towers you are stressing the chassis, I would recommend getting the chassis aswell.
    Yea that's kinda what I was thinking, what's the point in putting $180 into my diff/bulkheads and not getting the aluminum chassis to go with it.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Are you sure you have front and rear bulkheads?
    When I lighned up the front on the rear it looked like that

I see that's the rear bulkhead. Bolted up fine on mine but that is where I broke my chassis!
    Eneded up with the 10900!
    Last edited by cooleocool; 04-05-2013 at 11:12 PM. Reason: merge

RC Champion
    Yea Im going to dremmal the chassis to make it fit and then get the LCG flm as soon as I can

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by 50togo View Post
    Are you sure you have front and rear bulkheads?
    When I lighned up the front on the rear it looked like that

I see that's the rear bulkhead. Bolted up fine on mine but that is where I broke my chassis!
    Eneded up with the 10900!
    so you guys got the regular 10900 right? anybody got the LCG?

RC Enthusiast
    Search this "Another 3908 FLM Build", posted by SLW-SVT, it's a great build...
    CARBON FIBER G2, ALUMINUM G2, FLM E MAXX, ERBE

RC Qualifier
    You will bave to dremel the stock chasis a little to get the bulkheads to sit flush. I had too ehen i was using the stock chasis