RC Racer

Why Aluminum Parts?

I have some wobble in the tires and was wondering if my plastic parts are wearing out. Is that the reason to upgrade to aluminum steering blocks, C-hubs, and rear hub carriers?

RC Qualifier
    Not necessarily. Have you balanced your tires?
    Always get a 2nd Opinion!

RC Qualifier
    not a fan of alum c hubs. had a hard impact now its bent ever so slightly that it binds when I turn. im back to plastic.

I am a HUGE fan of aluminum parts! I have broken too many plastic rear hub carriers. Aluminum put an end to all those broken parts.
    Member of the 10,000 posts club

RC Qualifier
    the alum bearing carriers are fine. but the C hub was not worth it imo. maybe I will change my mind if I can figure out how to unbend it so I can turn hard right again.

Aluminum parts in the right spots really help the reliability of your truck. I don't recommend aluminum arms unless your truck is only for racing. I also recommend staying away from just about anything aluminum that is sold by Integy, they have some parts that are OK, but most are cheaply cast junk.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Enthusiast
    Like GreatScott said , find that 50/50/ mix some plastic some aluminum you'll b good to go !!!!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugs View Post
    Not necessarily. Have you balanced your tires?
    How do you balance tires?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by CollinP View Post
    How do you balance tires?
    Will require a Scale Wheel Balancer, which is basically a free spinning hub which you mount the Tire on. Then you give it a spin and see where the Wheel settles as the "heavy" spot of the wheel will end up on the bottom (6'o'clock position). You then apply some counter balancing weights or epoxy putty to the top of the wheel (opposite side to the "heavy" spot) until when you spin the wheel on the Balancer it stops at random positions. Then your wheel is Balanced. Repeat for all 4 Wheels. Hope this makes sense. Check out UTube if not, I am sure someone would have posted a how to guide there.
    Always get a 2nd Opinion!