RC poster
    I have a tmaxx 3.3 that I hate nitro-so I did the transmission converted to single speed,and I have a castle element DTX sitting around will it work? I have plenty of 2s lipos for my erevo just trying to build a rc for my girlfriend any help would be appreciated

And any idea on gearing?
    Last edited by cooleocool; 04-08-2013 at 09:33 AM. Reason: merge

RC Racer
    will be easier if you go buy a 3908 chassis (3922A**Chassis, E-Maxx (long wheelbase)*) and just convert all the parts over to that instead of fighting with the 3.3 chassis to get everything to mount up in the right spots and getting a battery tray to fit etc.
    modded 3906 e-maxx

RC Qualifier
    It is possible to make up battery trays and get it all to fit. #the tranny is the hardest part but since you have already sorted that one, the rest is easy. I know nothing about your Castle gear but here is mine.

" TRX3922a doesnt snap " IT SHATTERS !!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    castle element won't work, it is a 3900kv motor rated for 2s max, and will run hot.

RC Qualifier
    The motor is a HW 2350 and the ESC is the WPSC8. I made a cap bank too to take the grunt away from the ESC on power take offs amd the punch is turned right down. I still cant keep the front down running 20/68 but it doesnt even get warm on 4s.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 04-10-2013 at 01:06 PM.

RC poster
    Min to I'm geared as tight as I can get itgeared to 88 mph - lowest timing and punch setting and still way to much

And would a new esc fix the prob - I just want a moderate engine for it
    Last edited by Dadx2mj; 04-10-2013 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Merged

RC Qualifier
    I would guess a motor with that kind of Kv is doing itself in trying to move the maxx, hence why it doesnt last long. You would need a pinion of about 12 teeth for it to handle it.
    What ESC are you running?
    You need to be running a motor with a max of 2650kv, the closer to 2000kv the better really as you need the torque to pull these heavy beasts around. ESC needs to be rated at 120a minimum to handle the truck properly. 4s is good for just about everyone with 6s being silly and getting breakages.

RC poster
    I'm just running the stock duratrax element esc and motor on 2s , have you ever heard of an excell ep brushless? I was thinking about getting one for her to learn on before I finish her Max the right way -i just need help picking motor and esc for her