Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Ssc chassis?

  1. #1
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    16

    Ssc chassis?

    Will the mamba monster fit on the ssc chassis?

  2. #2
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    157
    it will!!!!

  3. #3
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    edmonton alberta canada
    Posts
    72
    How do you like your ssc!?

    I have talked to mark from SSC and have been contemplating either getting an SSC or STRC.
    My first thoughts were to go with the STRC, but I have had a hard time getting ahold of them. The first email I sent to SSC Mark replied the next day and had my questions answered. I was very pleased with his response and am now torn between the two.

    SCC will be coming out with version 2 of the lcg slash 4x4 chassis within weeks.
    STRC has no stock atm and there is no news about STRC and just that alone, keeping potential customers in the dark and not really having a date or anything like that of when there will be more product I think is enough to swing me in the direction of SSC. + who wouldn't want to support someone who is willing to reply to emails/work for customer satisfaction.

    Anyways I don't want to steal the thread but Shiningstar, how do you like your ssc!?
    Another reason why I still have STRC in my mind is because they have made room for the servo to be mounted on the bottom plate and with a little bit of "Tetris" I'm sure you could get the receiver box on the bottom plate as well.
    .. or at least I have seen that in pictures.

  4. #4
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    157
    Quote Originally Posted by Cigarelephant View Post
    How do you like your ssc!?

    I have talked to mark from SSC and have been contemplating either getting an SSC or STRC.
    My first thoughts were to go with the STRC, but I have had a hard time getting ahold of them. The first email I sent to SSC Mark replied the next day and had my questions answered. I was very pleased with his response and am now torn between the two.

    SCC will be coming out with version 2 of the lcg slash 4x4 chassis within weeks.
    STRC has no stock atm and there is no news about STRC and just that alone, keeping potential customers in the dark and not really having a date or anything like that of when there will be more product I think is enough to swing me in the direction of SSC. + who wouldn't want to support someone who is willing to reply to emails/work for customer satisfaction.

    Anyways I don't want to steal the thread but Shiningstar, how do you like your ssc!?
    Another reason why I still have STRC in my mind is because they have made room for the servo to be mounted on the bottom plate and with a little bit of "Tetris" I'm sure you could get the receiver box on the bottom plate as well.
    .. or at least I have seen that in pictures.
    GO WITH SSC my papa had the strc but it was pretty heavy and he actually ended up throwing it away and milling his own chassis in his own design. while I have mine for the same amount of time and is actually lighter and only the paint is sort of coming off on the bottom from the track pipes and jumps I love it I have tons more pictures if anyone wants some!!!!

  5. #5
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    edmonton alberta canada
    Posts
    72
    Thank you! that is good to know.

    I'm sure everyone would love to see some more pics of the ssc, not a lot around of pics around with a whole car setup.
    Pretty sure the community would love to see it in maybe the slash pics thread so it doesn't get lost somewhere in the pages of threads.

    cheers and look forward to seeing some of those pictures! =D

  6. #6
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    157
    ill post some here so that Monster Slash55 can see and hopefully share pics if he gets one!!!! enjoy

  7. #7
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    157


    Last edited by shingstar4x4; 04-08-2013 at 01:52 AM.

  8. #8
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    FarNorCal
    Posts
    273
    The SSC chassis is awesome!!! I totally love mine and it's the only reason I'm kinda of competitive at the racetrack!!!! Gonna get my son the new version when it comes out!!!! And Mark is a GREAT guy!!!
    rc10T3, TT Sparrowhawk XXB, Slash 4x4, 1/16 Rally

  9. #9
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Ft. Stewart, GA
    Posts
    594
    +1 on the SSC... The SSC is proven race ready, and specifically designed for technical tracks.. Mark is a great guy, the only reason I have an STRC right now is it was a gift, and I wanted to compare the two for myself.. However, if I do stick with a slash as my racing platform (probably won't) then I will go back to the SSC Chassis hands down..
    Whatever I just said.. I'm probably wrong..

  10. #10
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    16
    Thanks for the pics and info I'm gonna have to order one in a few weeks now. I'll post some pics

  11. #11
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    157
    Quote Originally Posted by monster slash55 View Post
    Thanks for the pics and info I'm gonna have to order one in a few weeks now. I'll post some pics
    SWEEET!!!!
    If you need any help I am here to help and so are lots of others!!

  12. #12
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Grafenwoehr Germany
    Posts
    1,304
    im buying mine as soon as the V2 comes out

  13. #13
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    157
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx1991 View Post
    im buying mine as soon as the V2 comes out
    nice!! do you know what colors that he is coming out with next?

  14. #14
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    edmonton alberta canada
    Posts
    72
    Im convinced.
    mark emailed me back again today and just keeps amping me up for this chassis!

    definitely picking one up asap as well!

  15. #15
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    157
    Quote Originally Posted by Cigarelephant View Post
    Im convinced.
    mark emailed me back again today and just keeps amping me up for this chassis!

    definitely picking one up asap as well!
    do you know what colors that there are for the new design?

  16. #16
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    edmonton alberta canada
    Posts
    72
    Maybe a clear coat and maybe black, That's all that I have heard. 2-4 weeks and we will all find out! =D
    Not sure if I'm allowed to post other names of web sites but at rcshortcourse.com in the slash section there is a SSC thread and Mark has some info on the chassis there.

  17. #17
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    317
    A 1/8th scale motor will not bolt right up to the stock motor mount. You either have to add some spacers or trim the mount. He was selling a 1/8th scale mount, but he ran out of stock. Hopefully he will get some back in. I ended up modding my stock mount.
    Traxxas gone bye bye!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •