RC Enthusiast

transmission problems!

So ive had my revo for about 2 weeks and im pretty sure my transmisson is gone just revs up and wont move slipper was prob too tight so my question is is their metal gears for the trans or is the regular traxxas plastic parts the best option and just not tighten the slipper so much

RC Qualifier
    denpending on what motor your running you may like to upgrade to Robinson Race gears..they are all metal but it cost a fortune..
    have you checked what gears you have broken? if your only running A 2.5 or 3.3 trx then you should be ok with plastic. maybe you had the slipper to tight as you said.. the slipper is designed to save you tranny and should be tight but allowing a little slip if under to much strain..
    give us a little more info on whats wrong and what setup you have, Ie motor, reverse etc gear ratio etc. and whats happening when you gas it, Ie spur turns or whatever you can see. best bet is to take the tranny apart and check whats wrong. its pretty simple and you can use the traxxas support page to get exploded views etc to help you.

RC Enthusiast
    The truck is totally stock with a 3.3 i havent tore into it yet as im away from home so i dont know what gears are gone yet and ya the slipper is pretty tight so that the culpret for sure thanks for the reply

RC Champion
    It might not be gears, you might have just sheared the screw pin that is in the primary shaft and thats an easy fix as well. That can happen sometimes with on power landings on a high bite surface.
    2009 Florida State Monster Truck Champion
    RBMods

RC Qualifier
    yeah the little pins aint that strong, worse on the Tmaxx primary gear.. Ive not had one fail on the revo but if your gears are ok when you have a look thats the next suggestion, good post..pntmachine

if your getting no drive at all but your slippers tight and turning then it can only be inside the tranny so until you dive in your not gonna know.
    good luck.

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for the replies guys im going to be digging into it either tonight or tomorrow so ill keep u guys posted with what I find out is actually the culprit.

Icyle800

RC Enthusiast
    So i found out it was a gear in the transmission and it was one of the 5395 gears. Now i was wondering what of the robertson racing gears is the one to replace it or does anyone else make a metal replacement as i kinda dont want to stick with plastic as its kinda a pain to take the tranny out to just replace one gear.

Icyle800

RC Qualifier
    dont know about indevidual gears, but remember the idea behind the plastic gears are that there is a weak point in the chain.. if you dont break the tranny itll just be something else I used to run a metal spur until I kept snaping clutchbells and burning out bearings..now back to plastic as its cheaper and easier to replace..

5395, is that the forward/reverse part, you sure you didnt shift on the move? or if your slippers to tight and you get sorta stuck youll strip gears..

RC Enthusiast
    wow i think u just hit the nail on the head it is a forward reverse gear and i did get stuck with a too tight slipper clutch and thanks for the reply as u talked me out of the metal gears so im just goona stick with the plastic gears thanks revo

Icyle800