Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will they fit

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by BRICK57 View Post
    Action piccs coming later tonight. Stay tuned
    As promised here are some action shots. These are great tires. Better than my Trencher 40 series. They climb like crazy and do very well in the grass and dirt. The Summit is able to turn these easier which makes rock crawling funner. I have a dewalt 14.4 and had a 14t standard pinion and it was comperable to the stock. I put a 16t in it and it ran a little faster and I didnt notice any lack of low end torque. Think Im going to stay with the 16t. Did have some minor beads come loose but dismounted the tires got some thinner glue and redid some of the bead and all is well in the world. CROCK thanks for the ideas and the Thread.

MUDSLINGERS ON THE RIGHT AND THE CANYONS ON THE LEFT
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by BRICK57; 05-19-2013 at 09:35 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by JoelRobbo View Post
    Do you have to star cut the foams or is that an optional thing for flex for crawling?
    From my understanding it is to allow the tires to be softer or flex more. It is an optional thing. In my case the tires with the gear pattern foam are more flexible than the standard foam. I really liked the feel of them in the rocks. Not so hard as to not grip and bounce around but not so soft that they slip on the rocks. The deep lugs in combo with the flexible tire seemed to grip very well.

RC Champion
    You do realize u have 2 on backwards? I haven't had any issues with the beads comming off. Was it a inner or outer bead? Glad I could help.
    U have the same team as me but I got the red one.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Crock View Post
    You do realize u have 2 on backwards? I haven't had any issues with the beads comming off. Was it a inner or outer bead? Glad I could help.
    U have the same team as me but I got the red one.
    Actually I have 3 that are backwards, I did that so I would have extra traction in reverse, turning to my right. YA RIGHT LOL. I even looked at the tires to see if they were directional and the pattern looked the same and straight across the tire. Now looking at your photos and mine I can see a curvature to the pattern. Well I can swap the left front and right rear but that leaves the left rear mounted wrong. What an opportunity!!!!!! I guess I will have to order four more and mount those to be able to use the left rear on the other summit. I guess being a noob has its costs. No better teacher than experience. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I'm glad it was you and not my grandsons.

RC Qualifier
    This is why beadlocks are nice... could have been a simple swap. Curse Axial for discontinuing the narrows.
    To SUMMIT up, its my coolest RC.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Adventurer View Post
    This is why beadlocks are nice... could have been a simple swap. Curse Axial for discontinuing the narrows.
    I have never used bead locks but they sound way easier. I could bake the tire in the oven and have the 2 week old remolded kitchen smell like a tire factory, and end up on the sofa for the week. Better to get another set for my other Summit. Way cheaper in the long run.

RC Champion
    I just about did the same thing when mounting them. I caught it just before I glued it. I have some glue remover that I used its thin enough that if you soak the bead you could probably get them off with little trouble.

RC Qualifier
    I have never used bead locks but they sound way easier. I could bake the tire in the oven and have the 2 week old remolded kitchen smell like a tire factory, and end up on the sofa for the week. Better to get another set for my other Summit. Way cheaper in the long run.
    You can always boil the tyre off, that's what I plan to do. If you're interested here's how to do it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gISoDFXOuCI
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails

In my honest opinion I don't think it will make a big difference.Those bad boys will dig no matter what. I am flip flopping between those and the micky T ttc's
    Can't decide which I think will work better for me....lol

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for the ideas but im viewing this as an opportunity (excuse) to get another set for my other summits. I thought about boiling them but have a concern about ruining the foam. JAMANN can you send a link or photo of the Micky T ttc's. I think I looked at them with some sweet wheels on another thread and they were very expensive ($300) with the wheels. So far these mudslingers are great. I'm thinking of dumping the Trenchers 40 series. Oh decisions, decisions.

They are rc4wd as well I happen to have a set of rocksters already.
    Had the crushers on them

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    Persistence pays off. Ordered some more Mudslingers and Geode wheels. Dechromed the wheels, cut the gear pattern in foam, mounted the tires, used thin glue (way better than the tire glue),and this time mounted the tires in the correct direction. Took the one misdirected tire and moved it to the other Summit and Eureka. Now I have two Summits with (correctly mounted) Mudslingers.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

RC Qualifier
    Which lucky grandson gets the 2nd set? LoL. You know they are all going to want them now.
    To SUMMIT up, its my coolest RC.

RC Champion
    You seem to have one wheel that is a different colour on each veh. Hehe. I think once the gf sells her tmaxx she is going to order a set.

Lookin good. Love the looks of these on the summits

Now I have two Summits with (correctly mounted) Mudslingers.
    They do look awesome mate...I might get a set of these for myself in the future.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    My Grandsons get the stock Summits (I need for them to wear the Canyons out so I can replace them with the ones the Mudslingers replaced) I took care of the different colored tires. A good bashing sessions and wala they all match. I agree - Dump the Tmaxx these tires are well worth the Money. Thanks for sharing this thread CROCK, otherwise I dont think I would have jumped in. It was alot of fun to do and if I can do it anyone can.

RC Champion
    No problem. I had fun doing it and following the results of the thread. I need to get a spare set of rims. Would like to try the stock summit tires on the emaxx. Gotta do something with all these spares I have.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Crock View Post
    No problem. I had fun doing it and following the results of the thread. I need to get a spare set of rims. Would like to try the stock summit tires on the emaxx. Gotta do something with all these spares I have.
    Thats a great idea. I have an older Emaxx to try it on. Any ideas on converting from 14mm to 17mm?

RC Champion
    I have a spare set of hpi hexes.

RC Competitor
    Finally they came in! And befor I even got home I went to a buddy's place and started cutting!! I wish I knew how to upload pics from my iPhone, but can figure it out! But I'm super hyped how they look! Just placed the tires on the rims and put it on my truck and omg yes!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatskie View Post
    Finally they came in! And befor I even got home I went to a buddy's place and started cutting!! I wish I knew how to upload pics from my iPhone, but can figure it out! But I'm super hyped how they look! Just placed the tires on the rims and put it on my truck and omg yes!
    Hope you can figure out the I-phone I would like to see some piccs. I have a droid smart phone, I just take the photos with the camera, hook the phone to the computer, find the file with the photos and upload them to Photobucket, edit and size them and place them on the thread. They are even better in person than the photos. I agree OMG Yes.

RC Champion
    If your using tapatalk it's easy

RC Competitor
    I'm still in the processe of glueing the tires, but had some down time so i thought i should up load some pics! this is how my summit is looking now!
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Fatskie; 05-31-2013 at 03:35 AM. Reason: photos loaded weird

RC Qualifier
    just got the mud slinger/geode combo .... CANNOT wait to put these on the summit

may even put them on the ERBE for some s's & g's

Does the bead of the tire sit well in the wheel of the traxxas wheels?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by buduck04 View Post
    just got the mud slinger/geode combo .... CANNOT wait to put these on the summit

may even put them on the ERBE for some s's & g's

Does the bead of the tire sit well in the wheel of the traxxas wheels?
    The bead fits very nicely, You need to kinda of work it down in the groove, nothing a large flat blade screw driver can help with. Its really a fun process, I had never glued my own before, If I can do it anyone can. Just remember they are directional.

RC Qualifier
    [QUOTE=Fatskie;5514565]I'm still in the processe of glueing the tires, but had some down time so i thought i should up load some pics! this is how my summit is looking now! QUOTE]

Nice job, wait till you run them. Just curious, is that a pool table you are resting the summit on? Classy look.

RC Qualifier
    is their a directional arrow on the tire to tell .... if not which way do the treads run (or can you easily when you get)?

It sort of looks like the treads do form a slight "v" from looking at the pictures

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by buduck04 View Post
    is their a directional arrow on the tire to tell .... if not which way do the treads run (or can you easily when you get)?

It sort of looks like the treads do form a slight "v" from looking at the pictures
    I thought they were non directional on the first set I did. 3 ended up ok and the 4th did not. Using that as an excuse i bought 4 more for another Summit and adjusted them so all 8 were correct. Looking at the photos in this tread you can see they are directional. But when you see the tires in person its not as obvious. The tread has an angled point to them, in the middle of the tire, That angled point in the tread wants to point toward the front of the vehicle. If you study the photos once you have your tires it will be obvious. Send piccs when your done.

RC Qualifier
    gotcha ..... yeah I noticed that on the picture, but you're right ---- not obvious

Thanks for tip and pictures will be coming next week at some point .... going to take some time to gear cut the foams like suggested.

RC Competitor
    Nice job, wait till you run them. Just curious, is that a pool table you are resting the summit on? Classy look.
    Thanks! im pretty happy with how they turned out! and yea its on my Snooker table ;p best lighting around in my house haha
    and I can not wait for when i get to test them outside!

RC Qualifier
    Thanks! im pretty happy with how they turned out! and yea its on my Snooker table ;p best lighting around in my house haha
    and I can not wait for when i get to test them outside!
    Just dont run them on the Snooker table Or you wont be playing any Snooker.

RC Competitor
    I'm still in the processe of glueing the tires, but had some down time so i thought i should up load some pics! this is how my summit is looking now!
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Some resin I can't get all the photos to show, but if you click on the photo is should take you to photobucket and show you the rest!

RC Qualifier
    Anyone got a link to the beadless rims that will fit?

RC Qualifier
    Ran my Mudslingers on one Summit and the Trencher 40 series on the other side by side. We ran in tall grass and the Mudslingers went right through the Trenchers did not. Drove in the sand pits and the mudslingers went places the Trenchers could not. We crawled in rocks and the mudslingers gripped the rocks much better. Only draw back was the Trenchers would turn better with the stock servo. Tacking care of that with a Savox 1230sg servo and alum steering from Integy. Over all the Mudslingers performed better for me. And I love my Trenchers.

RC Champion

Will they fit

That is actually funny the more people that try the slingers just love them. I remember when I was looking into them I was told across several different forums that trenchers would out perform the slingers in every aspect. I'm really not seeing it hehe. If they were so much better I would not have a new set of trenchers sitting on a shelf collecting dust

Would be nice if they would make this a sticky
    Last edited by Crock; 06-03-2013 at 04:35 PM.

RC Qualifier
    It kind of reminds me of the guys in person and on the forums who criticize the Summits as not being scale, that they can't climb, there to big, that Traxxas is a hobby brand, etc etc. All I ever ask them is have they ever driven or demo'd one. The answer is almost always no. I tell them if they ever do, they will be owning one and that they will use their vehicles as speed bumps for their new Summit.

I really like my Trenchers but for me they really don't stand the test against the Mudslingers. Besides the slingers have a way better look to them IMO.

Wheels and tires, guys - not people. Let's not add to the amount of flaming we can find anywhere we care to look.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Champion
    Ok i finally found a gripe about the slingers.. They make allot of road noise even in grass that resonates up into the body as well. I'm constantly stopping to see if i broke something. Probably with the foams star cut and shaved on the edges the way i did the sound is not being absorbed by the foams eater.. Figured i would put up at least one grip about the tires..hehe

Oh that's it in the garbage they go....lol
    The crushers would hum on pavement.
    Like boggers on the highway lol

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    Just got mine mounted up ..... Loving the look!!!!

MM2 E Revo -- Dewalt/MM Summit