Got this Stampede in Afghanistan as an xl-5 model,nothing special to it at all..The sand chewed through the plastic spur gear,so i upgraded to the metal one...so right now its a 19/90..recently swapped to the vxl
system and still kept the 19/90 setup.I snapped the rear shock tower by going off a pretty big jump,so i
upgraded to the RPM one.I installed a locker for it and it was a blast on a 3 cell lipo! Untill i snapped both
axles Well,i had this junked Jato collecting dust in the closet,With a little trial and error,i got
the Jato hub carrier to fit on the Stampede Rear arm(Didn't drill or saw or cut) The Jato yokes would not fit the locker so i had to remove the jato yokes and use the steel yokes from the Stampede.So right now im
running Stampede steel yokes with Jato axles and Jato hub carrier on a Stampede arm with Jato tie rods.
Ive been using a 3 cell with setup for some time and they its been holding up really well for being a free
mod, i couldnt be more happy,and im hoping to keep this thread going by trying more parts-configuration on this Stampede from other Traxxas models