Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sleeper anyone?

RC Champion
    Haha love the sleeper concept, it works really well with a slash too. How many people assume it is HCG?
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

RC Qualifier
    No one really thinks its a slash with a hcg chassis. Most people assume is a lcg 4x4 like a scte 2.0. Everyone says there's no way that's a traxxas.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2 h
    Last edited by Building Boost; 12-03-2013 at 11:32 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Progress continues on the 2wd mod racer. Switching to schumacher tires has me changing a lot of things to put all the traction they make to use. Laying the shocks down, using stiffer springs and thicker oil is where I'm starting. Ill tune the roll centers next time I get to an open practice as long as the suspension changes work the way I think they will. Had to bust out the dremel tool today to give the lunsford links some more room.

Also took the dremel tool to the bottom of the motor plate because it was hanging way lower than the chassis. Ground off material until it was almost flush with the chassis then bolted on a little lexan glide plate to keep the motor and bumper mount from digging into the ground.

Some big upgrades are comming soon but every little thing adds up to a better performing truck. Once I get the chassis dialed in with all this new found traction ill be lightening some rotational mass and upping the power. Stay tuned!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

Looking forward to seeing the progress! You need to take a video of your Slash in a race, and then some how record the other racer's faces!
    Summit Rustler Sl2sh TMaxx Pnde Slayer Sl4sh

RC Qualifier
    Ill try and get a vid when I go there to work on tuning the roll centers. I don't know why but I get nervous as all heck during the races. I know I can lay down fast laps and I'm confident in the truck but I can't shake the nerves. Maybe after a few more races ill calm down but as of right now the last thing I need to have on my mind is knowing I'm being recorded. It sounds so weak to say but if I didn't get the nerves and adrenaline it wouldn't be as fun.

RC Qualifier

Got my pins and spikes for the slash. Next on the tuning list is stiffining up the front shocks to match the rear and then more upgrades are coming. Some of the best lipos will be powering this hog and I'm changing the clutch to the avid triad to try and get more power to the ground while still protecting the drivetrain.

RC Qualifier
    Lots of new things going on with the slash latley. I'm getting it all ready for a race at dunnracewaypark this weekend. Kind of ditched the sleeper look and hacked up the body and put some different bumpers on. Other things I did include trimmig the battery tray, mounted up my own transponder, put on an avid triad clutch, started tuning with the hotwire, and got some new lipos.

Here's some pics of the latest look

Last edited by Building Boost; 01-16-2014 at 09:12 PM.

RC Racer
    What do you think of the avid clutch so far? ....I'm thing this may be my next upgrade?

RC Qualifier
    Well so far I can only go off of my initial impression and from what I've seen its a very nice piece. You can change the amount of slip it has by using different material pads in different places of the clutch. A light buggy running a 17.5 would use all white pads and then if you use it in a havier sc truck running a mod motor you can use red pads to give the clutch more grip. The spurs are really nice to, I'm not sure if they're machined or molded but they run true and the whole clutch is very light. Ill report back after I get some run time with it this weekend.

Here's a little sneek peek of the new look the slash is getting once this body is trashed and the tires are worn out.

Work in progress but I think its a cool shot.

RC Qualifier

With no practice, a bent and broken servo horn, bad set up, and the wrong front tires, I'm so happy with how I finished in the main. Led a few laps, crashed, then fought back to third. Had a good battle going with second and the leaders truck breaks. So with 5 to go I went for the lead and then pushed to hard and lost lead with a few to go. I just stayed right on the leaders bumper but he didn't make any mistakes and I finished less than 2 seconds behind him. I can't wait to get my mini pins on the front and get a day of practice and tuning under my belt. The track was great though, anyone who wants to race their rc's in north east pa, check out drp, ya won't regret it.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Building Boost View Post

With no practice, a bent and broken servo horn, bad set up, and the wrong front tires, I'm so happy with how I finished in the main. Led a few laps, crashed, then fought back to third. Had a good battle going with second and the leaders truck breaks. So with 5 to go I went for the lead and then pushed to hard and lost lead with a few to go. I just stayed right on the leaders bumper but he didn't make any mistakes and I finished less than 2 seconds behind him. I can't wait to get my mini pins on the front and get a day of practice and tuning under my belt. The track was great though, anyone who wants to race their rc's in north east pa, check out drp, ya won't regret it.

Awsome!
    Reading about the race made me feel as I was watching it....lol
    So what is your thoughts on the new clutch?

RC Qualifier
    The clutch is great. It does exactly what I wanted. It'll slip just enough to prevent damage to the gears and stays consistant throughiut the run. Has a way better feel than the team ae v2 and is very quiet.

Last edited by Building Boost; 01-20-2014 at 07:23 AM.