RC Competitor

14.4 Dewalt Speed runs/test (E-revo and E-maxx)

I just thought I would share my speed results with the 14.4 Dewalt motor in an emaxx and erevo.
    Any thoughts/questions are welcome.
    Both trucks were tested on dry pavement in 30 degree Fahrenheit weather.

E-revo.

-Completely stock E-revo 5603 except for a kershaw designs motor mount and the dewalt motor.
    -Long travel rockers and summit springs
    -62t spur and 24t pinion. 2.58

*-25mph using 25c 5000mah lipos
    -motor temps stayed +-55 degrees

E-maxx

-Stock except for traxxas cvd center driveshaft, integy heatsink fan, and kershaw designs motor mount and dewalt motor.
    -big bore shocks and integy green progressive springs
    -68t spur and 25t pinion. 2.70

*-30 mph using 25c 5000mah lipos
    -motor temps stayed +-55 degrees

Blue E-revo
    Pink E-Maxx
    Traxxas ERevo 5603 - 14.4 Dewalt -

RC Champion
    Good research!

I worked up to a 28T pinion with the stock 68T spur with my DeWalt. I got around 27-28mph but it was with smaller tires. Unfortunately the ESC didn't like the 28T pinion once I drove it off road. The temps shot up so high the thermal protection kicked in.

Now I've settled in to a 22T pinion with a 72T spur. Temps are really low and it has lots of torque with good speeds. I think around 22 or 23 mph.

RC Champion
    cool, i run 28T 64T but in the old maxx off road. There's a few different dewalt 14.4V new style motors with different power ratings. I should have them bookmarked somewhere. I think most or 99% of people use the 396505-21 because that's what the first person to do the mod used, so every followed because it worked and was a big improvement.
    Google search trumps Wiki. Refer to user guide.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by M n M View Post
    Good research!

I worked up to a 28T pinion with the stock 68T spur with my DeWalt. I got around 27-28mph but it was with smaller tires. Unfortunately the ESC didn't like the 28T pinion once I drove it off road. The temps shot up so high the thermal protection kicked in.

Now I've settled in to a 22T pinion with a 72T spur. Temps are really low and it has lots of torque with good speeds. I think around 22 or 23 mph.
    Thanks!

Hmm, your old gearing is close to mine now, I'll have to watch the temps when I go offroad, thanks for the heads up.

I didn't know you could fit a 72 spur? Thanks for that too lol

Quote Originally Posted by trax de max View Post
    cool, i run 28T 64T but in the old maxx off road. There's a few different dewalt 14.4V new style motors with different power ratings. I should have them bookmarked somewhere. I think most or 99% of people use the 396505-21 because that's what the first person to do the mod used, so every followed because it worked and was a big improvement.
    That is some high gearing! What kind of speed did you get? Any heat issues?
    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-28-2013 at 10:20 AM. Reason: merge
    Traxxas ERevo 5603 - 14.4 Dewalt -

RC Champion
    No heat issues motor under 130 esc about 110 lipo under 90 ran in high gear on short grass/dirt
    Speed 25 on grass 30-35 on dirt.
    Last edited by trax de max; 03-28-2013 at 04:42 AM.
    Google search trumps Wiki. Refer to user guide.