Thread: Slipper clutch

RC poster

Slipper clutch

Hello, I have a pede with mip axles all around. Upgraded aluminum Hex Hubs & Proline trenchers 2.8 . Running with a 3s lipo. I was bashing it this afternoon , it lost all power and smoke was coming out of the slipper clutch area. I took the rear apart inspected it tightened up the slipper and rocked the roads again for a bit then the same issue have occurred again. It seems its loosing itself , or worn out. My reading on here I have heard to upgrade the slipper bearing what exactly will that improve. Any other upgrades I should get please let me know thanks.

RC Racer
    Welcome to the forum, I see you just joined!

But I'm sorry I don't know the answer to your question. Sorry, but welcome to the addiction!

You probably glazed the pads the first time it started smoking. Sometimes you can save them be sanding them a little but it is best to just replace the pads and pressure plate. There is an aluminum pad upgrade that works pretty well also.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC poster
    Thanks for the reply. So you think its the pads? I was thinking it was the clutch nut backing off.... But yeah I better get some new pads

Quote Originally Posted by mralberta View Post
    Thanks for the reply. So you think its the pads? I was thinking it was the clutch nut backing off.... But yeah I better get some new pads
    Pretty sure a clutch rebuild kit will come with new pads, spring and nut, everything you need to rebuild it.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Champion
    You can start with REVO slipper upgrade, TRA5552x, TRA5556 or upgrade to H-Duty Robinson Racing Gen3 slipper
    MMM/2650, E-maxx Body=FUN !
    3 Slash 4x4
    Pede 4x4

Hi dude and welcome I would upgrade to revo spec on your slipper like the guys have said and if you have not upgraded the bearing adapter I would do that also part number 6893x........peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!