RC Racer

Best way to replace spur gear..

Just picked up my revo so a little bit of a newb hear..anyway whats the best way to get to the spur gear to get it removed and replaced.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

RC Champion
    Pull the motor and move it out of your way. Use the 4 screws on the base of the motor so you don't have to re-mesh the gear if replacing it with the same size.
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC Enthusiast
    When i need to replace my spur gear,i found that hanging my revo so that i dont have to hold the front end up, just take the skid plate that is attached to the tranny off and then just un screw too screws that hold the drive train to the tranny and boom.Tranny comes out,once you do that a couple time it will take you 5 mins to replace a spur gear again.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by NickSSmoovE View Post
    When i need to replace my spur gear,i found that hanging my revo so that i dont have to hold the front end up, just take the skid plate that is attached to the tranny off and then just un screw too screws that hold the drive train to the tranny and boom.Tranny comes out,once you do that a couple time it will take you 5 mins to replace a spur gear again.
    thats actually not a bad idea. i would just be careful not to wear out the transmission cases cause there plastic. i may start doing it this way.
    revo 3.3 in progress

RC Enthusiast
    Well i mean aslong as you dont have anger issues and try to rip it out.Than yeah,but it will be fine as long as you take your time to remove the airfilter and wiggle it out.I think removing the tranny is the easiest.People say remove the motor or just get a long wrench so you dont have to remove anything.Its good to take your tranny out to make sure all the gears are working while trying to replace a spur gear.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by NickSSmoovE View Post
    this seems like a better idea...ive been pulling the motor..which is getting old

RC Competitor
    It makes more sence to me honestly. I mean that way u can tighten the spur as u wish and it makes things alot easier . Thanks for giving us that idea man. I know alot of people say a revo is a pain to work but its things like this that make a big difference
    revo 3.3 in progress

RC Qualifier
    Yes that is the best way! Pull the tranny , never have removed the engine for spur..
    Remember the screw on top for the brake tensioner...
    Very easy chassis to work on....

RC Competitor
    Even if u change spur size u can just loosen the one screw on the top of the mount and pivot the motor. So easy. Im definatly gonna do it this way from now on
    revo 3.3 in progress

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by revolution83 View Post
    Even if u change spur size u can just loosen the one screw on the top of the mount and pivot the motor. So easy. Im definatly gonna do it this way from now on
    You got it revolution83

RC Enthusiast
    No problem.

RC Racer
    some good info here

RC Competitor
    I always pull my tranny. 2 allen heads on front and back output shaft and four bolts holding skidplate and tranny on. After a couple times you can do it in less then 5 min and no gear mesh problems