RC Champion

My Yellow Brushless E-Revo build

Just finished building this the other night. Went Yellow to sort of match my Yellow Summit.

Running a Tekin RX8 and Redline T8 motor.

Used some braiding my friend gave me to cover up the servo and lighting wires.

It is completely brushless,

Was going to test drive it yesterday but my 4 channel TQi transmitter decided to brick itself and not turn on.
    Was working fine the night before when I was testing the electronics and flashing the receiver so that it would calibrate the ESC. The 3rd step on the Tekin calibration would not complete, but did after flashing the Receiver.
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC Champion
    YUUUUPPPPP!!!

I can dig that! Looks really sweet!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I like the color, the Rx8 is a bit more complicated than the MMM, tons of more functions. I recently put a Rx8-2000kv on mine, ran it once, very pleased with it. The Rx8 won't turn on if the radio is off..lol, if the esc won't calibrate you need to reverse the throttle ch on the tq.
    Last edited by RC-Fan; 03-26-2013 at 04:35 PM.

RC Champion
    I did get it to calibrate after flashing, reversing the channel didn't change anything, so I hooked up my iPhone and it flashed the receiver, it probably flashed the transmitter as well, wasn't paying attention, was browsing on my tablet while I waited for it to finish.
    It finished, I turned off the car and the transmitter, turned them on, and it calibrated right away.
    It was 3am and raining outside so I just put everything away for the evening and went to bed.

RC Qualifier
    Nice build zepher I've always liked yellow wheels and bodies

Sent from my iPhone using My Thumbs
    6S OR NOTHING............................ maybe 5s

RC Champion
    The transmission was from my Summit, it wouldn't fully engage low gear and everything looked good inside, so I bought a new one and used this one for the Yellow car.
    To make it into an E-Revo transmission, you basically take everything out and put in 1 new gear and 2 spacers (comes in the kit)

RC Qualifier
    Is that a 33 tooth spur? This thing will scream

RC Champion
    i like the yellow never seen that color before.

you should do some powder coat some of the metal yellow
    With great brushless comes great responsibility.

RC Champion
    Looks good what wheels are those? Also what size cable sleeving?
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Qualifier
    Looks like 3.2 ofnas

Sent from my iPhone using My Thumbs
    6S OR NOTHING............................ maybe 5s

RC Champion
    I think they are Mugen wheels.
    Spur is a 38T, I put a 16T pinion on the motor.
    that 33T gear is the output gear that goes in the transmission, it's the gear that rides on the shaft where the center drive axles attach. I forgot to take a picture of it before I installed it.
    Not sure of the cable sleeve size, but it expands to 3/8"

like the finishing touches...........
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC poster
    how is the power compared to the mmm? Im building one ground up and idk which engine to put on it???

RC Qualifier
    Hey man. I also use the Tekin system. Well one ERBE is MMM and the other WAS RX8/T8 but now is MM/T8 because I had to return a faulty RX8 and never bothered putting it back in. However, my question is, how do you deal with the RX8's inability to LVC. Do you just use a LVA? I dislike that very much which is why I kept my MM on instead of replacing back to the RX8. As far as the T8 goes, I have nothing but good things to say, however, I haven't seen any difference in it and the Castle motor. The sensored slow speed was awesome, but kind of gimmicky unless you are rock crawling.
    xl-5 Stampede
    ERBE Tekin 6s
    ERBE MMM 4/6s

RC Qualifier
    I thought the RX8 also has a LVC? It would kinda be a deal breaker if it doesnt.. I think i will go for a MM2 in my second revo, RX8 is nice, but too expensive and i see too many people with faulty RX8s. Although sensored is a great pro for the RX8...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cultivate View Post
    how do you deal with the RX8's inability to LVC. Do you just use a LVA? I dislike that very much
    You can set the Lvc on the rx8, I have two systems one of them on my erevo, it has tons of features if you use the hot wire.

Quote Originally Posted by WesleyK View Post
    I thought the RX8 also has a LVC? RX8 is nice, but too expensive and i see too many people with faulty RX8s. Although sensored is a great pro for the RX8...
    Yeah it is a great system, more expensive but it is worth it if you are into racing, older versions has some issues like the MMM v1.

RC Qualifier
    I'm sorry I meant LVC auto. It won't sense how many cells you are using and I switch between 6s and 4s. My mistake. Been a while since I used it.
    xl-5 Stampede
    ERBE Tekin 6s
    ERBE MMM 4/6s

RC Qualifier
    Oh yep, thats true and a downside. Although i heard changing between 4s and 6s is made very easy. Should be auto though..

RC Champion
    I didn't know it doesn't auto select the cells.
    I only did the hotwire once, a few days after I traded it to a friend. He told me LVC is not enabled stock so I had to turn it on for him and I don't recall if the settings were pack voltage or cell voltage for the LVC.