E-Revo Summit conversion

I am considering to convert my (pretty upgraded) Merv into a Summit. What I am looking for is experiences with Summit drivers who use the CVD shafts. I am not planning to make it a speed machine, but I don't want the dogbones to pop out all the time.

I could go to stock shafts, but I would like something a bit stronger. And it would save me the fiddling with the bulkheads and diffs again.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Qualifier
    I am no Expert :P but I have heard Cvd bending for no reason but i think Traxxas has a life time warranty and the E-revo shaft will do good Too, their was a test with them on 3s in a merv and they held up fine. So i am sure they will handling whatever your gunna throw at it! Just don't put in a 1717 MMM and you'll be good!

Traxxas does not have a lifetime warranty on the shafts, but they do sell the shafts separately. Stock Revo shafts are stronger than stock Summit shafts... if you keep the P2 rockers and stock/RPM rear arms the Traxxas CVD's are great. You might be able to get away with the LT rockers and the Revo rear arms... only a few has posted they needed both Revo arms and rockers to save the rear axles.

Basically all I would do to convert my MERV is to install longer body posts, a Summit body, Summit tires, and regear from there.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

I managed to bend a Traxxas CVD in my Merv. Might be caused by the RPM arms being a tiny bit longer than the stock arms.

I like the higher clearance of the Summit, so I'm going for the Summit rockers anyhow. I could replace the MMP/4600 by the VXL combo from my Mustang. I want to be able to crawl and I can't be bothered much with top speed. I will try a tranny swap first, lower the gearing and see where I end up. If it's still too fast to my taste, I will replace the combo. Maybe even by a Leopard set (WP SC8 with a low Kv LBP2845 version).

Thanks for the tips, gentlemen!
    Nobody is born with experience