RC poster

Erevo brushed stopped after 1 minute, maybe motors, how do I check? Help please

Hi, I have just bought a used Erevo, box stock and had little use, however I've just run it for the first time to check out and it literally just stopped after approx 1 minute, ie no drive.

I've reset the tx to default and checked ESC calibration and it seems to be ok, however on the bench if i apply a tiny bit of throttle the car tries to turn the motors.

How can I diagnose ESC or motors etc using a multimeter I thought??

Any help would be greatly appreciated so I can inform the seller and hopefully resolve.

Ash

RC Qualifier
    This may sound dumb but are your batts dead
    6S OR NOTHING............................ maybe 5s

RC poster
    No, I've tried fresh batteries etc

RC Champion
    First off I would reset everything. Centre all your trim knobs, do a reset on the remote and rebind to the receiver then redo the throttle positions for the speed control.

RC poster
    I've tried that too. Reset tx to default, re- bind with rx, and calibrated ESC to the tx.

Btw, the ESC green led is on, however goes off on trigger pull until max forward or reverse is reached, like when in calibrate mode, is this normal?

Thanks

RC Competitor
    your low voltage detection is on, go to traxxas support, find ur esc, go to where it says turn on and off LVC
    ERBE 2200kv EMBE 2200kv MERV x2 (1 For Sale)

RC poster
    Thanks, that's what I thought initially but my ESC is the older VXL 2 without LVD

RC Champion
    Wait your revo has a vxl?
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr8cture View Post
    Wait your revo has a vxl?
    No sorry, evx 2 ( my slash has vxl)

Have you checked the steering servos?
    I have seen a bad servo cause some really strange things to happen with the evx2.Are one or both noticeably hot to the touch? If so that is the first place I would look

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Competitor
    im having the same issue's, I thought maybe servos so i unpluged and tryed again still same thing, no movement from motors, then pluged the motor leads into my summit and boom summit moves.. must be motors? (for me) only issue i'm having is if i go stock do i need 2 3975 or does one HAVE to be the 3975R?

RC Competitor
    traxxas says to take the motor out and to put it straight to your battery and see if she spins! in my case... no movement at all..

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by a5h View Post
    I've tried that too. Reset tx to default, re- bind with rx, and calibrated ESC to the tx.

Btw, the ESC green led is on, however goes off on trigger pull until max forward or reverse is reached, like when in calibrate mode, is this normal?

Thanks

Have you figured this out? I am having exact ESC light issue. Have you figured I out, this is my first rc car and don't know much at all.