RC Competitor

New guy thinkin about getting a nitro revo 3.3

Hey fellas new guy here from usa thinking about getting a rc truck and was looking at the traxxas nitro revo 3.3. Can anyone suggest if this is a good choice to make or should there be another truck i should get? I want something strong and durable. I dont race. Just started. Im kind of familliar with tuning since i have had other nitros but nothing special. Looking foe any advice someone can give me. Thanks all!!!

RC poster
    The revo is the champ! I have 1my son has 1. you can't kill em he rolls, flips, and bashes his and it won't stop !
    Last edited by Double G; 03-24-2013 at 07:30 AM. Reason: language

RC Qualifier
    Welcome to the forums

If you have had other nitros then the Revo should be right up your alley. They are extremely durable out of the box including being waterproof. The upgrades and hop ups are only left to imagination and wallet size lol. I dont think youll be disappointed if you got a Revo. It was my first nitro RC and im really happy
    "You just got passed by a Traxxas"

RC Competitor
    Oh good i was hoping to hear some good responses bcause i really like the look of them. And yea i have had a couple nitro rc cars. Nitro redcat something or other but parts are hard to get for it so i wanted to upgrade to something i can get parts for. Are the revos fast?

RC Qualifier
    Very fast and one of the best things about a Revo or any traxxas vehicle for that matter is upgrades are endless you can personalize your truck just the way you want it over time that's what I love about traxxas trucks
    6S OR NOTHING............................ maybe 5s

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by NvDesertRat96 View Post
    Welcome to the forums

If you have had other nitros then the Revo should be right up your alley. They are extremely durable out of the box including being waterproof. The upgrades and hop ups are only left to imagination and wallet size lol. I dont think youll be disappointed if you got a Revo. It was my first nitro RC and im really happy
    the only thing waterproof are the servos, and just having waterproof servos doesn't make the rest of the truck waterproof.

Here is a snippet from the Manual,
    Don’t run your Revo in water, mud, snow, or wet grass.
    It’s tempting, but water and mud are easily drawn through the air
    filter and will severely damage the engine. Small amounts of moisture
    can cause electronics to fail and loss of control over your Revo.
    Last edited by Zepher; 03-23-2013 at 11:42 PM.
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Zepher View Post
    the only thing waterproof are the servos, and just having waterproof servos doesn't make the rest of the truck waterproof.

Here is a snippet from the Manual,
    Traxxas says that to cover their behind but they can get muddy and wet non problem I've been doing it for years with my original 2.5 tmaxx when it came out up to now. And if it couldn't then why would traxxas post a video of their truck driving in the mud

http://traxxas.com/video/nitro/53091...09-Intro-Video

RC Qualifier
    As long as your mindful and dont soak the air filter so bad that its sucking water the Revo can get pretty muddy and wet. Ive had my Revo so muddy it weighed close to 30 lbs when i hosed it off. Yes the Revo is fast. Ive had my revo up to 47 mph with a 38/16 set up on Badland Tires. Now i have it geared (40/13) for more off the line torque so only goes around 35ish MPH

RC Qualifier
    here is a pretty god 3.3 i bet you could talk him down to $400-450. Nice thing is its broke in. Just add fuel and tune for your area and ready to bash.

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...-revo-3.3-3908

RC Competitor
    I think im going to build one. I like to build rcs and i think building one will help me learn how its put together better, and i can put whatever engine and electronics on it that i would like. Can anyone tell me whT they suggest for a good engine? I have seen alot of videos on youtube and alot of people swear by the os 18tz and the picco max .26. If i would get the picco i would probably try the .26 jl red dot honestly but im all ears and would like to hear what others have to say. I really apreciate all the help guys. Im new to this forum and already have had some great pointers.

So what would be some of the most common parts to upgrade as i build ?

RC Competitor
    thanks for all your help guys, i have gone and did it.. bought me a revo.. its a working progress but shes gonna be sweet when im done.. now if i could find me a good engine upgrade.. it has a 3.3 on it right now but i have heard some good and bad about it..

RC Qualifier
    Drive the 3.3 til it dies then go big block

RC Competitor
    Ok well the 3.3 i have has really good compression and looks good minus the cooling head. Theres a couple cooling fins missing and i was going to replace the head but i thought about just upgrading all together. What engine would you reccomend?

RC Qualifier
    Any good .21 and up will work I use an xtm 457 pro with a traxxas big block mount

Sent from my iPhone using My Thumbs

RC Competitor
    Do you have any videos of it running with that engine? I was looking to try a fast small block. Im trying to kep it as light as possible

RC Competitor
    Can anyone tell me what a good spring setup is for the revo? I would only be using it for running in my yard not really hardcore jumping just messin around. I got the truck with a green white and silver springs and cant seem to find a good setup

RC Qualifier
    try adding thicker shock oil first. I run 50w front and rear

RC Competitor
    I will try that. Thank you.

RC poster
    I have joined the club too
    Just bought Revo 3.3

RC Competitor
    Nice welcome to the club. I am building my revo As we speak and i cant wait to be done. Although it is going together nice just gor to take my time and do it right

RC poster
    Thank you!

I live in middle east and weather here is super hot, any tips for keeping the car cool? any upgrade parts required?