Thread: Re-wire evx-2

RC Racer

Re-wire evx-2

Howdy Traxxas Community.

Im in the planning stages of a monster summit project.

My idea is to im buying the Kershaw Design chassis and was toying with the idea of using two 4s lipos in parallel rather than two 2s lipos in series.

Can the evx-2 be rewired? Has it been done?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

No, it cannot be done.
    There is no benefit to using two 4S in parallel or 2 2S in series... unless you already have the 4S batteries.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Champion
    wait a sec "BOB", wouldnt you benefit from the increase in Mah in the parallel set up?

did I read that correctly?

What increase?
    The size of the battery compartment remains constant... so if you put 2 cells in and fill it up, lets say you get 4100mAh per cell or 8200mAh per pack. Two of these packs in series would be a 4S 8200mAh battery system. Now, take that same battery compartment and put 4 cells in it... 2050mAh per cell is probably the most that will fit, giving you a 4S 8200mAh battery system; the exact same battery system.

However, I think Krall is running a 5000mAh 4S pack... making the mAh count go up to 10,000. But is the 1800mAh increase worth the cost of a different (probably not factory waterproofed) ESC?
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Champion
    you are correct if you use the constraint of the compartment size. Take that out of the equation, the physical size of the battery is irrelevant. Anything will fit if you want it to...am I right?

So, my question is only based on the premise that he was going to use large 4s x2 in parallel, doubling the Mah and size was no issue.

http://kershawdesigns.com/Summit-Chassis.htm

I am not sure what mah he is referring to, so at some point I am sure I will have to concede
    Last edited by Redsawacs; 03-28-2013 at 12:57 PM.

RC Racer
    Battery Space I don't believe will be an issue. The kershaw design chassis has a lot of room.

I've got two unused EVX-2 esc not being used. So... Water proofing and practical... Is not the issue.

But is it possible/has it been done.

It's sounding like I'd be better off with a MMM esc set in brushed mode.

I'm going duel dewalts, and wanted to make sure they get the amps they crave. I figured two 4s packs I. Parrale would be better than two 2s packs in series.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2