Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    i'm hoping to hit those numbers with mine and hoping it goes well i also mounted my XO-1 diffuser.
    humay has left the building, peace.

RC Enthusiast
    Nice man, what gears you running in it, 25/34?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by OGlalerat View Post
    Nice man, what gears you running in it, 25/34?
    i have a Losi branded MMP/2800kv so i have it geared 15t/36t.

humay has left the building, peace.

RC Enthusiast
    Car looks good man, I like how you shortened the lower plastics in the middle so that the rear defuser hooks up nice to the side plastics.
    Hope to see some high speeds with that bad boy

RC Qualifier
    very nice...
    Slash 4x4 MMP/2800kv

Slash 4x4 LGC MM2/2650kv

RC poster
    Quick question guys i have a slash 4x4 platinum and i want to know if i should get the remaining upgrades on my list

I have the Mamba monster 2 2200kv 1/8th scale motor with esc the motor fan
    two venom 4 cell 5000mah 50c batteries to run the motor
    front and rear mip cvd steel axles
    curious on if i should change my steering servo to a spectrum S6040 as it will fit my truck and has the high speed metal gearing
    also curious on what pinion gear i should run for just bashing and off road fun

all my parts are RPM upgraded nothing stock is on my truck except bearings and some other things i don't need to change yet Im running badlands all the way around currently with a proline raptor flotek body to decrease parachuting any other pointers would be much appreciated as i have just been waiting on getting my servo so my motor wouldn't tear my truck to pieces and then i will put everything together and start bashing again

X0-1 diffs since you're running 4S...

What gears are you running?
    Slash 4X4 LCG Platinum / Mini E-Revo VXL

RC poster
    Stock diff with stock diff oil I haven't messed with anything along those lines since i don't know what to change it to and since i just mainly bash it has been fine but i remember last time i took out the diff to add my new rear bulkhead it was like milky grey so I'm sure i should change it probably and what is the benefit of the XO-1 diff?
    Also what pinion and gear tooth should i be using when i do the motor swap i have the stock ones in as i didn't know what to change it to or what the change would even do so if you could help that would be very appreciated!

You might find the s6040 a bit to fast, I slow mine down with my transmitter but not all transmitters give you that option.
    I might think a s6030 the better way to go, a bit faster then stock and nearly 2 1/2 times more torque.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC poster
    when i went to my local hobby store they suggested the S6040 because i have the 2200kv motor and I'm gonna be throwing a lot of power through my car but i will look at that one as well still need suggestions on gearing though guys please and how or what i need to mount my esc to my lcg body i have seen a lot of people putting it in the front which I'm sure ill have to do

RC poster
    and do i have to use loctite for the setscrews on the mip CVD's to keep them in place cause i heard they come loose

Quote Originally Posted by streetbikestuck View Post
    and do i have to use loctite for the setscrews on the mip CVD's to keep them in place cause i heard they come loose
    just use the loctite that comes in the round plastic container that comes with the cvd's. it's crazy strong stuff once it sets up so you don't have to use a whole bunch
    sl4sh 2200 / p4de 2400

Use it sparingly. Just use enough to set the threads and not get it all over the actual shafts. If you do, it would be very difficult to remove in the future.
    Slash 4X4 LCG Platinum / Mini E-Revo VXL

RC poster
    Thanks guys as far as gearing goes for it any suggestions?

Thanks guys as far as gearing goes for it any suggestions?
    well i don't use mod 1... yet. but if i remember correctly i'm using 24/52 gearing at the moment which with a 2200 means wheelies off the start, tops out at 60mph and runs for about 35 mins on my 5300mah pack. the other bonus is it runs so cool that i don't need fans or even a thermometer anymore.
    i would bet with mod 1 you could easily get this thing going waaay faster.
    sl4sh 2200 / p4de 2400

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyHildo View Post
    well i don't use mod 1... yet. but if i remember correctly i'm using 24/52 gearing at the moment which with a 2200 means wheelies off the start, tops out at 60mph and runs for about 35 mins on my 5300mah pack. the other bonus is it runs so cool that i don't need fans or even a thermometer anymore.
    i would bet with mod 1 you could easily get this thing going waaay faster.
    Howdy, hey johnnyhildo- I would like to know what gearing exactly you are using please I am working on a new project that I will post to the community accordingly.

RC Champion
    def. go mod1 and start out lower and work up watching temps. try 25/36 or 25/34 on 6s should get you some speed and work from there, make 1-2 passes and stop let cool.
    slash 4x4 160mph
    youtube:philip jolley

In my rally I can go 23/36 in mod 1. You will get to run like 2 passes before you have to let it cool off.
    This will TOTALLY work, saw a guy on YouTube do it

RC Qualifier
    Not to hijacks but whats the biggest pinion you can fit with a Mod 1 revo 36t spur without cutting the chassis?

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

when i went to my local hobby store they suggested the S6040 because i have the 2200kv motor and I'm gonna be throwing a lot of power through my car but i will look at that one as well still need suggestions on gearing though guys please and how or what i need to mount my esc to my lcg body i have seen a lot of people putting it in the front which I'm sure ill have to do
    The s6040 and s6030 consume the exact same amount of power and neither are power hungry monsters like savox servos.
    I mean its totally up to you but the s6040 is very quick.
    Now if your one that runs the new TSM setup it takes the control out of your hands so the faster servo will be fine, tho if you ever decide to drive your own rig unless your on a track I'd go with a much stronger s6030, still faster then stock all steal gears a a lot more torque.
    I run two s6040's and have them set to 50% speed at my transmitter or the slightest touch and it turns instantly making over corrections very easy.
    The power your running thru your setup doesn't have beans to do with the servo anyway, sounds more like what they had in stock to me.
    There a a hand full of fellas working at the lhs that really know there stuff, problem is for everyone of them there are nine that just want to sell you something.
    The s6030 speed is .15 (TRA stock .17) sec/60 at 6v and 278 oz-in of torque (TRA stock 125 oz-in).
    The s6040 speed is .08 sec/60 at 6v and 167 oz-in of torque.
    Point is I dont care what motor you have on board thats not going to change, in fact if anything the extra weight would make better use of the torque then the speed imo.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Competitor
    I hope you don't take this response as a thread Hijack and if you do I will remove the thread and start my own but your build is fairly similar to mine and I have a few questions if you dont mine.
    I started my build last year then got into other things and it sat on the shelf for awhile. I am running a CC2000 with Mamba max 2, MIP X duty, robinson racing spur gear, After market motor mount, Boca Yellow bearings, 17MM conversion, Big Bone drive shaft and all RPM. I just added all the telemetry and GPS to it. My questions have to do with the XO-1 wheels/tires, shock towers and differential.
    1. What is needed to run the X01 tires/wheels? Do I need to get a different spine for my MIPS? Any other parts?
    2. What is the benefit of the X01 diffs and does anything special need to be done?
    3. What is the benefit of the X01 shock towers?
    4. Also for shocks I have my choice of D8s, GTR or Proline. Any recommendations?
    5.Any recommendations on a servo?

Any other advise on my quest to have a speed runner? I will post up some pics later but will do it on a different thread.

Thanks in Advance Doug

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Learo2000GT View Post
    I hope you don't take this response as a thread Hijack and if you do I will remove the thread and start my own but your build is fairly similar to mine and I have a few questions if you dont mine.
    I started my build last year then got into other things and it sat on the shelf for awhile. I am running a CC2000 with Mamba max 2, MIP X duty, robinson racing spur gear, After market motor mount, Boca Yellow bearings, 17MM conversion, Big Bone drive shaft and all RPM. I just added all the telemetry and GPS to it. My questions have to do with the XO-1 wheels/tires, shock towers and differential.
    1. What is needed to run the X01 tires/wheels? Do I need to get a different spine for my MIPS? Any other parts?
    2. What is the benefit of the X01 diffs and does anything special need to be done?
    3. What is the benefit of the X01 shock towers?
    4. Also for shocks I have my choice of D8s, GTR or Proline. Any recommendations?
    5.Any recommendations on a servo?

Any other advise on my quest to have a speed runner? I will post up some pics later but will do it on a different thread.

Thanks in Advance Doug
    Sounds solid.. my advice stay away from xo1 tires. grp or quality foams is all i use. I run gtr shocks, xo1 shock tower may allow for better body mounting. i have a friend who went 136 on a similar setup.
    slash 4x4 160mph
    youtube:philip jolley

RC poster
    So what is it you think i would need to run my truck the best i can i just bash around and drive in fields by my house so i don't track much or anything just for fun i have all RPM, mip x duty, and badlands currently I just dot know what servo or bearrings to get next for my truck and as well what gearing these are the last steps in my build as well as maybe a aftermarket motor mount or even the big bone drive shaft as i have seen people usually have that but i just need the final list of parts so i can be done with my build and drive it!

Quote Originally Posted by billy-bones View Post
    The s6040 and s6030 consume the exact same amount of power and neither are power hungry monsters like savox servos.
    I mean its totally up to you but the s6040 is very quick.
    Now if your one that runs the new TSM setup it takes the control out of your hands so the faster servo will be fine, tho if you ever decide to drive your own rig unless your on a track I'd go with a much stronger s6030, still faster then stock all steal gears a a lot more torque.
    I run two s6040's and have them set to 50% speed at my transmitter or the slightest touch and it turns instantly making over corrections very easy.
    The power your running thru your setup doesn't have beans to do with the servo anyway, sounds more like what they had in stock to me.
    There a a hand full of fellas working at the lhs that really know there stuff, problem is for everyone of them there are nine that just want to sell you something.
    The s6030 speed is .15 (TRA stock .17) sec/60 at 6v and 278 oz-in of torque (TRA stock 125 oz-in).
    The s6040 speed is .08 sec/60 at 6v and 167 oz-in of torque.
    Point is I dont care what motor you have on board thats not going to change, in fact if anything the extra weight would make better use of the torque then the speed imo.

So what is it you think i would need to run my truck the best i can i just bash around and drive in fields by my house so i don't track much or anything just for fun i have all RPM, mip x duty, and badlands currently I just dot know what servo or bearrings to get next for my truck and as well what gearing these are the last steps in my build as well as maybe a aftermarket motor mount or even the big bone drive shaft as i have seen people usually have that but i just need the final list of parts so i can be done with my build and drive it!
    Last edited by cooleocool; 09-19-2016 at 01:03 PM. Reason: merge