Thread: Help w/ nitro

RC Qualifier

Help w/ nitro

So I have a 2wd slash brushless and I'm getting it all back together to sell and I wanna make noise now and experience the nitro side of r/c seeing that I have my tlr scte 2.0 electric set up I want both sides of the hobby, basically I'm looking for suggestions what's good upgrades right off the bat, tuning etc.

RC Enthusiast
    As far as power goes..... Tuned pipe, better bearings, gears with more teeth... but I don't really know much about the SCTE 2.0

RC Qualifier
    I was just saying I have to brushless cars a scte and slash 2wd brushless but I want 1 nitro and 1 brushless so I'm selling my slash for a nitro slash, just wanted some opinions and what not what I should look into to make it a good truck right off the bat

RC Enthusiast
    Oh okay, I gotcha... I thought you were about to get the SCTE. But okay the nitro slash comes with pretty crappy tires, so I would suggest getting new ones. The motor setup is great though. And as far as the shocks go, I thought they were too soft, so I installed big-bore shocks, with 70 weight oil... It might be too heavy of an oil, but ill find out next week! Oh and you for sure either need a wheelie bar, or added weight to the front!!!!!! Its so fast the it just pops wheelies with ease.... I added weight to the front and its fine. Also, if you are used to water proof servos in your electric cars, they can also be installed on nitro slash... But if you go through a lot of water your air intake might suck some water into your engine, which could damage your engine. Ive gone through some pretty deep puddles with mine on accident though and my truck is completely fine.
    Last edited by NitroPower03; 03-21-2013 at 09:36 PM.

RC Qualifier
    yea I figured as far as parts like shocks, a arms, casters etc. are just like upgrading the electric slash so I shouldn't have any problems

RC Enthusiast
    Ya it really is... And Traxxas sets up the engines great so their is really no need to modify them.

RC poster
    What is you're jetting set at