RC poster

Updated Emaxx motor options

Hello, I've been researching lately on different types of motor/esc setups for my Emaxx and I have been had trouble finding posts that relatively current. So here is what I got, any input is appreciated. Yes, this likely has been covered before.

I just ordered an 3908 E-maxx roller and want to make it the ultimate basher. I was planning on getting just the Mamba monster 2200kv setup that comes stock with the current 3908 emaxx but I am prizing the waterproof aspect of bashing more then just top speed.

With that being said, what is a the best setup to get for an Emaxx that's waterproof? I am leaning towards duel velineon VXL. My main question is there any other options to get a waterproof brushless setup for an Emaxx?

If not, does anyone have any good related posts to for duel velineon emaxx builds.

I used to have a Revo VXl that was pretty fun for bashing, I remember that thing being
    a tank and awesome for rainy days...
    Last edited by Trials912; 03-17-2013 at 11:29 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Dual velineon esc's are limited to 3s lipo's, get the mamba monster 2 it's waterproof with 6 s capability
    Last edited by Dann117elite; 03-17-2013 at 11:57 PM.
    The smartest person, asks the most questions...

RC poster
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Castle-Creat...item589cc86bae

This? Would it be powerful enough for an Emaxx? it says 1/8th scale on it.

yup that is the new castle MMM2. i would still not get it wet but then again castle has a good warranty department i hear i havent used it but some have and have had good results.
    I would say what are you planning to stay with 4s or try 6s?
    i have a hobbywing wp sc8 esc w/2000kv xerun 4274 motor from HW as well and but is limited to 4s max which is plenty and its waterproof i have had mine wet and its still running.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC poster
    Yea I was just going to stick with 4s. I heard 6s is overkill. I just wanted it to be decently fast with waterproof capabilities, mainly for bashing.

then the setup i mentioned is something you can look into. here's a site i got mine from they have some pinions as well there too and a cooling fan for the motor but its not needed at all i never get over 126f ever running 21/65 gearing.
    http://www.rcecho.com/HOBBYWING-XERU...mbo-ME222.html
    if you order from them choose express shipping alot faster i got mine in 3-5 days from date of ordering to California.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trials912 View Post
    Yea I was just going to stick with 4s. I heard 6s is overkill. I just wanted it to be decently fast with waterproof capabilities, mainly for bashing.
    I'd go for the mamba monster 2. You'll have the option to step up to a 5s or 6s when you get bored of the 4s. Im about ready to go to a 5s. I've had mine for a few months now with no problems. I've driven it in snow and over some puddles and it still runs perfectly fine.

RC poster
    Yea, I am going with the Mamba 2. I just got confused or am curious about 2 things here. Why doesn't traxxas just include the mamba monster 2 with the emaxx stock? I mean if it can support up to 6s and be waterproof??? the motor looks like its the same?? Also they advertise it for 1/8th scale buggies and monster trucks. The emaxx is a 1/10th scale, which I guess is smaller but either way it kinda through me off a bit. I'm kinda new when it comes to buying brushless motors and esc's. Ive only ever ran one brushless and that was a 1/16th revo. The rest of my RC days were the finicky nitro including the tmaxx 2.5 and 3.3.

Quote Originally Posted by mbutac1230 View Post
    I'd go for the mamba monster 2. You'll have the option to step up to a 5s or 6s when you get bored of the 4s. Im about ready to go to a 5s. I've had mine for a few months now with no problems. I've driven it in snow and over some puddles and it still runs perfectly fine.

RC Qualifier
    i have the hobbywing 150amp ezrun pro and a tacon 4074 2150kv motor on 5s good setup for the price i paid 60.00 for the motor and 80.00 for the esc.

RC Qualifier
    The mmm2 just came out not to long ago but I'm sure it will be on the emaxx and erevo sometime in the near future
    6S OR NOTHING............................ maybe 5s

Trials912- the emaxx is a 1/10 scale according to traxxas but if you measure it to other trucks its the size of a 1/8 scale. fires or just plain burning out if what i have been hearing about the esc the motor is fine just like its always been. the castle stuff just has a better warranty overall compared to the combo i linked you to. If you can get the MMM2 then go for it worth it.

RC Enthusiast
    The boss over at Castle in another forum says they will be doing warranty replacements with the current MMMs until they run out, then they will only be replacing with MM2 WP..... so I would imagine later this year Traxxas will supply it with the new WP version, unless they have a ton of regular MMM's stocked up.
    3905 Emaxx