RC Racer

How do I oil my carb/air filter???

Just bought a Nitro Rustler and I'm new to the RC world... and someone said at my local hobby store to make sure a pin was like 1mm away or something, and do I need to put oil in there or something???? If so what kind? I was messing around with it today, and it doesn't go as fast as I expected, I am using %10 nitro fuel i bought today, he said it wouldn't go as fast, he recommended it because i'm new to it... any suggestions on what to specifically check before I run it again??? Thanks.

RC Qualifier
    To oil the air filter, you take it off, clean it, let it dry, then put little drops of air filter oil all over it and mush it together with your fingers. Don't put in in the carburetor. When you finish running for the day, you need to put after run oil or wd40 in the glow plug hole and the carburetor. Just a few drops will do. The pin they were probably talking about is setting your idle speed. You set the carburetor until its about the thickness of a paperclip.
    One shot.....One kill, no exceptions

RC Racer
    Clean with soap and water, dry with air or a blow dryer to speed up the drying process, add about 25-30 drops, evently on the filter foam, bottum top sides....squeeze together WITHOUT squeezing the access oil out, it should be pretty oily. Find your idle screw on the Carb from your manual, its a tiny flat head screw usually at the back of the Carb, not the bigger one sticking up (high speed screw) not the other small screw on the other side thats flush (low speed screw), look inside the Carb with your transmitter and truck on, screw in and out (not tight) and ull see the slide moving creating a bigger/smaller gap, as bloody said use a paper clip thickness of a gap, this adjusts your idle speed, remember a paperclip is just a guide some motors could need a little more/less.

Also, READ the manual cover to cover, a few times, most questions are answered in there. Like, how to clean/maintain your air filter, adjust Carb and info on it etc etc.
    Jato 3.3 Pede 2.5R Rusty 3.3

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloody_Wheels View Post
    To oil the air filter, you take it off, clean it, let it dry, then put little drops of air filter oil all over it and mush it together with your fingers. Don't put in in the carburetor. When you finish running for the day, you need to put after run oil or wd40 in the glow plug hole and the carburetor. Just a few drops will do. The pin they were probably talking about is setting your idle speed. You set the carburetor until its about the thickness of a paperclip.
    Okay I meant oil the glow plug hole then, I just don't want to burn up my engine... So I can just use a few drops of WD40 in where I put the ignitor in to start it? Thanks so much.

RC Racer
    Yes that exactky right....put afew squirts in the carb and in the glow plug hole....and with the plug out crank the motor around acouple times to cover all the internals. This is for after you run it. When u say burn up the motor, just make sure ur temps arent going above 270 ish range...while running it.
    Jato 3.3 Pede 2.5R Rusty 3.3

RC Racer
    yeah the guy said buy a temp gauge... but now my pull start wont catch good... look at my other thread please.. thanks