Thread: Car Storage

RC poster

Car Storage

I am going to be putting my car away for a month cos I have run into a few problems (literally)
    Whats the best way for car and batteries (dust bag etc)

RC Qualifier
    The batteries I would charge/discharge to storage levels (3.85v/cell) and put them in the fridge, the car would prob best be stored in a cool dry place. Good luck to you

RC poster
    Should I cover car with dust proof bag?
    Is there any reason for batteries on frIdge ?

RC Qualifier
    Slows down the process of it not holding a charge, and i just flip the car upside down, or on a brick, So the wheels don't develop a flat spot, and shocks don't flatten.
    If a RC never breaks, your doing it wrong

RC poster
    Cheers for all info

RC Qualifier
    Lipos after put into storage mode are ok out of the fridge too. If more than 3 months without running, storage charge again. Fridge wont hurt but not needed for that length of time.

The car is fine in a cool dry place as mentioned. No attics or garages. Dont worry about dust. Stick something under the chassis though to raise it up and get the weight off the springs and tires. Tires can develop flat spots.

RC Qualifier
    Weight off the tires is a good idea, I didn't even think of that, or you could take them off and lay on their sides, but I like the idea of car upside down- maybe the dusts settles less even! I would spray any screw heads or exposed metal with WD-40 to prevent any moisture/rust to develop.

As far as the fridge goes, I got that from Jang at UltimateRC, not necessary but its hard to lose them if you do!

If you decide to store the lipos in the fridge I would recommend putting em in a vacuum container because of condense water and also health risk. Lipos contain poisonous chemicals.