Thread: 2400kv temps

RC Competitor

Question 2400kv temps

I was wondering adout the temp that I was getting with my 2400kv motor. The temp is 160 and it geared at 15/54 using a 3s lipo is this temp ok and I have the cc blower fan on the motor. Thank you for your advice.

Quote Originally Posted by rc115. View Post
    I was wondering adout the temp that I was getting with my 2400kv motor. The temp is 160 and it geared at 15/54 using a 3s lipo is this temp ok and I have the cc blower fan on the motor. Thank you for your advice.
    if that's after a whole pack, it's fine. generally you wanna gear for under 180 because at 200 damage will occur.
    I race Associated, I bash Traxxas. 28 years in RC

RC Competitor
    Ok, and yes that is after one pack.

If I were you, I'd replace that Castle blower with a heatsink with a single fan setup. I didn't like the blower, didn't seem to provide much help keeping the motor cool. On one of my trucks I need to solder the fan wires. The heatsink on the motor still helps cool the motor better than that blower without the fan working.
    Slash Ultimate El Sob special MIP King Headz 3PL

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    If I were you, I'd replace that Castle blower with a heatsink with a single fan setup. I didn't like the blower, didn't seem to provide much help keeping the motor cool. On one of my trucks I need to solder the fan wires. The heatsink on the motor still helps cool the motor better than that blower without the fan working.
    I noticed that the CC fan didn't work well either. Someone posted a thread on modding the CC fan housing by cutting away some of the sides of the shroud. I did it to 2 of mine, now they work fine. I used a dremel with a cutting wheel.

AB

[IMG][/IMG]
    I'll try anything once, maybe twice!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by aburg2 View Post
    I noticed that the CC fan didn't work well either. Someone posted a thread on modding the CC fan housing by cutting away some of the sides of the shroud. I did it to 2 of mine, now they work fine. I used a dremel with a cutting wheel.

AB

[IMG][/IMG]
    Do you have that thread handy? This explains why the blower hasn't helped much.
    / 16

RC Qualifier
    @ jrmbtr, I searched, but couldn't find the thread...maybe it was within another thread.

What I did was take some pics & list the process, as well as post some pics of mine. Good luck!

I used a Dremel with a 1/32" cutoff wheel.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Here is the fan on a CC2400 motor. Note, NO clearance between the shroud & motor can.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Here is is after cutting the base of the shroud away. Note, DON'T cut the mounting tabs off!

[IMG][/IMG]
    Another view...

[IMG][/IMG]
    Here is my CC3800 with modded fan shroud, AND temp telemetry installed. Ive noticed temps no higher than 140 running 16/54. Also note, the sensor is on the bottom of the can.

[IMG][/IMG]
    This is on the ET-2400, (same as CC2400)

On my other trucks, I run the Integy dual fan with heat sink. Some guys prefer the single fan, but I've had no problems with mine. I'm running it through an external BEC.

AB

RC Competitor
    Okay. Thanks for all the help and the pictures actually show where to cut I will try this mod first and if that doesn't help I will get the fan with the heatsink on it.

RC Qualifier
    Glad to be of help!
    AB