RC Competitor

2s in series or 3s?

I have 4 6000mAH 7.4v 28c 2s Lipo Packs and will be upgrading my p4de to a 2500kv 4 pole with a 120a esc and also uprading my t-maxx to an e-maxx with a 2000kv 4 pole with 120a esc. Both esc's can handle 4s but I don't want to really push the esc's or the components on the trucks to their limits, was wondering if I should just sell the 2s packs and get a few 3s packs?

Will I notice more reliable power from running the 2s in series or similar to a 3s?

I am thinking of going with a few 4200 mAh 3S LiPo Packs with a 35C, 50C Burst. Pretty good deal at $39.99

You might be ok on 3S...
    I know my buddy is running a 150a 6S capable ESC with a 2650kv motor in his Maxx... loves it on 4S! He runs the same packs in parallel when his kids drive it... it is about as fast as stock brushed then.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Competitor
    Yeah im not looking for anything close to stock so 2s parallel is out of the question for me. 2s in series resulting in 4s sounds great but then again it is stock drivetrain minus forward only and single speed conversion so I am sure at 4s lots will break. 3s sounds to be tge direction I am going