Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    RC Racer
    Same here my diff was good to go. But I just went ahead annd used all new gears and also I got new ring gears. So my whole diffs are brand new. With 100k rear and 50k front diff oil.

Sent from my Samsung NOTE 2.

RC Competitor
    Good news!

Bad news - Can't build them tonight or tomorrow.

RC Champion
    Didn't know fast lane had red!!!

RC Competitor
    I was expecting silver! A really nice surprise!

Quote Originally Posted by texastoast View Post
    Good news!

Bad news - Can't build them tonight or tomorrow.
    Wow! You got everything you need to build both differentials! Please take pictures of you building them. I am going to get mine soon! Just had a couple of bills creep up on me. Do you have links to where you got all your parts?
    Slash Ultimate El Sob special MIP King Headz 3PL

RC Champion
    Got my FLM cups today. Absolutely aweswome and red also. Still waiting on gear sets.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    Wow! You got everything you need to build both differentials! Please take pictures of you building them. I am going to get mine soon! Just had a couple of bills creep up on me. Do you have links to where you got all your parts?
    http://www.rcdirectonline.com/produc...FLM-26030.html
    Everything else I got from A-MAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by pro mod steve View Post
    Thank you for posting where you got your parts from! After I get caught up with my bills, I am immediately going to buy he parts to upgrade my differential!

RC Champion
    Thank you for posting where you got your parts from! After I get caught up with my bills, I am immediately going to buy he parts to upgrade my differential!
    Its like you always say "we are here to help."

RC Competitor
    @ El Sob, will post photos if someone doesn't beat me to it. Playing a benefit concert on April 6th and the rehearsals are taking away from my RC time! Lol! No, I am not a famous musician, just a working one.

RC Qualifier
    Got my HR diff. cups today! Got all the parts I need to start building, what diff. fluids to use?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Banjoblue View Post
    Got my HR diff. cups today! Got all the parts I need to start building, what diff. fluids to use?
    What are you doing with your slash is a big part of the answer.

RC Qualifier
    No racing yet, do go to open practice at local track, and on wknds just knock it around with a buddy at local bmx track.

Quote Originally Posted by Banjoblue View Post
    No racing yet, do go to open practice at local track, and on wknds just knock it around with a buddy at local bmx track.
    Where is the bmx track? I want to get lut and run my truck with you! Wd are pretty close. I am a basher amd I have 50,000 in the front and 100,000 in the rear. Has a nice posi effect

@texastoast, what kind of music do you play? I have an uncle who is the lead singer on a Zydeco band.
    Last edited by El Sob; 03-21-2013 at 12:03 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Got all the parts today: Hot Racing XO-1 Cups and XO-1 Diffs.

Take them aparts:

Replace the cup and fill some diff. fluid, put the screws back, but dont' forget the blue thread locker:

All back toghether nice, and neat:

I think buying the whole diff from XO-1 is better than buying the new parts separately. I got them from DollarHobbyz : http://www.dollarhobbyz.com/servlet/...car/Categories

Again, Thanks El and all the contributors from this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by hskb View Post
    Got all the parts today: Hot Racing XO-1 Cups and XO-1 Diffs.

Take them aparts:

Replace the cup and fill some diff. fluid, put the screws back, but dont' forget the blue thread locker:

All back toghether nice, and neat:

I think buying the whole diff from XO-1 is better than buying the new parts separately. I got them from DollarHobbyz : http://www.dollarhobbyz.com/servlet/...car/Categories

Again, Thanks El and all the contributors from this thread.
    Man, I like that blue! That is a sweet looking setup! Thank you for sharing your build with us! I am getting a way better idea of the way I want mine to ne

NOW they look bulletproof and sexy too.......peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier
    The bmx track is on the walnut creek/concord border at corner of Ygnacio Valley Rd. & Cowell Rd. It's off the main road in the right of way area, built by local kids I assume. Monster jumps and pretty well maintained. Bring extra parts!

RC Competitor
    @El Sob, Drums and guitar - mainly alternative but my next gig is '50's swing and early rock tunes on the drums.

I might have a chance to put my stuff together tonight!! Will post photos too. My daughter and I bashed last night in our local parking garage, I have a feeling I'm going to be putting a sealed differential in her 2WD Slash pretty soon.

RC Qualifier
    Looks too good to hide in the case!!!

RC Qualifier
    Who knows that they'll make a clear diff case LOL.

RC Competitor
    Long rehearsal and only got my center diff finished. FLM's tolerances are nothing short of amazing! It took me some time to figure out the best way to get the pin and gears in the pocket.

Set up the gears on the cap side and slide them into the cup from the bottom.

Pull the cap off and carefully place the seal.

Ready to go!

^^^^^Nice setup dude looks rad......peace

RC Competitor
    Just built the front diff. Used the included pin from FLM, also used the 5382x gear set. With the exception of a non-tapered output gear, they looked the same as what comes on the Ultimate LCG chassis. I did use the added center brace.

My only issue with the front diff. The screws that hold the case together were a touch too long. I had to grind them down slightly. Surprised FLM didn't drill out the holes far enough. Hopefully the back diff will be better.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Just built the front diff. Used the included pin from FLM, also used the 5382x gear set. With the exception of a non-tapered output gear, they looked the same as what comes on the Ultimate LCG chassis. I did use the added center brace.

My only issue with the front diff. The screws that hold the case together were a touch too long. I had to grind them down slightly. Surprised FLM didn't drill out the holes far enough. Hopefully the back diff will be better.
    on that first pic... that diff output shaft, is that a 6mm? and why did FLM included it with a pin? is it stronger than the stock pin?
    humay has left the building, peace.

RC Competitor
    I didn't use the driveshafts from the Traxxas 5382X kit, just the internal pin brace. Not sure about the FLM pin, if they include it, I use it. I will inspect that closer on the rear diff. Everything went together really well, the only bummer was the housing screws. They needed to be shorter. Wish FLM would've included those.

You guys are the absolute best! When I get mine, I will have soo many different models to look at! I know who to call on if I do need any assistance

RC Champion

Just saw this post my flm cups are on the table to be assembled and same thing. One cup the screws are too long thanks for the heads up. Same deal here rear is good front screws are a tad too long.
    Last edited by pro mod steve; 03-26-2013 at 08:58 PM.

RC Competitor
    No prob Steve! Still haven't built the rear diff yet. Hoping to do it soon. I might shoot FLM an email and let them know about the issue. The fit was great otherwise.

RC Competitor
    Just put together my rear diff. The screws were fine, the included pin was a bit too long. Quick fitting with the Dremel and it was good to go.

Someone asked about the included pin. It is slightly longer and has rounded ends. The stock pins are flat on the ends, they won't cradle into the machined grooves of the cup.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Someone asked about the included pin. It is slightly longer and has rounded ends. The stock pins are flat on the ends, they won't cradle into the machined grooves of the cup.
    that was me, thanks.
    humay has left the building, peace.

RC Champion
    Got both my FLM diffs built tonight. Except for trimming included center pin and front ring gear screws needing to be shortened no problems here other than a little time. SORRY El Sob I don't have any pics.

So it looks like they aren't just a direct fit. You have to make them work with a little modification. Well at least I have a group of experts to aide me when the time comes

RC Champion
    So it looks like they aren't just a direct fit. You have to make them work with a little modification. Well at least I have a group of experts to aide me when the time comes
    YEAH but if you can disassemble and reassemble your slash you can do this. One point on the center pin taper the ends like a pencil. If the ends are squares or 90 it will fight ya. I can't believe how the center brace tightened everything up.

Quote Originally Posted by pro mod steve View Post
    YEAH but if you can disassemble and reassemble your slash you can do this. One point on the center pin taper the ends like a pencil. If the ends are squares or 90 it will fight ya. I can't believe how the center brace tightened everything up.
    I can assemble these trucks blindfolded and asleep lol. I just appreciate having the support of so many great people, if I need them

RC Champion
    I can assemble these trucks blindfolded and asleep lol. I just appreciate having the support of so many great people, if I need them
    Like you always say "we are here to help."

Its good to know that everyones now going to have bulletproof diffs in future and one less thing to go wrong on your trucks.....peace

RC Champion
    Finally got everything back together. With any luck I will throw 4 3S packs at it Saturday bashing my fav spot.

RC Champion
    WELL its 10:30 friday night and I got 4 lipos ready to go and the skys just opened up and flooded everything. Rain wasn't to be here till Sunday. Guess I will be storage charging tomorrow and waiting for dry dirt to try it out.

RC Champion
    Was able to get 2 packs through it today. Turns out rain was isolated. Can't really report anything. It worked like I would expect it too. I guess time will tell with the MMP SCT and 3S. One thing I forgot to mention I used a thin coat of anti-seaze on the cup where the bearing rides. Due to dissimilar metals didn't want to have a gauling or seazing issue with the inner bearing race getting stuck or destroying the cup.