RC Racer

Well that was a nervous few minutes...

I just had a bad few minutes, I finished up my digger today, chassis braces and new 5085 servo, I had a bearing go out of the tranny a few days ago and wreaked the spur gear to and once I put the new bearing in it still had some play so I changed the case today as well and didn't have any 55t spurs on hand so I put a 50t on and a 16t pinion gear, never had time to try it as we went out tonight so I just tried it now, I tried it first with 2 stock batts in parallel and then took a break and tried two in series just for fun, it was running great, just ready to call it quits and all of a sudden the red LED head lights go out and the truck stops, oh no I'm thinking, must have cooked the ESC with the series, I pop the body off, nothing is even close to being hot, everything looks good, so I'm scratching my head for a bit, won't turn on, I thought fors ure the ESC was done, then I thought I'd try changing to the other batts, as I'm pulling them out I found this, when I unplugged them at first I didn't even notice, must have been just hanging on, this was the battery that came with the truck in July so I'm not to upset, it still holds a charge fine, not sure if I can fix it or not? now that the truck is built up and strong I'm planning on going lipo soon anyway.

here's my water proofing on the servo, filled it with grease where the gear comes out of the case and then 3 coats of plasti dip spray.

Taped off

sprayed

And installed, I put grease over the screws before spraying to keep the head open if I ever need to open the case.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-10-2013 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Removed picture with alcohol.

RC Qualifier
    Yea that happened to me only with the esc!
    You ain't bashin unless your crashin!!

RC Qualifier
    just cut the connector off and solder a new one on, no biggee.

RC Qualifier
    I just got my corona servo installed. I did the same grease with plasti dip. Servo is great so far. I bashed pretty hard in my merv yesterday and it held up great. You'll just need to solder another connector on the ends. Like robl45 said, its no biggie.

Quote Originally Posted by robl45 View Post
    just cut the connector off and solder a new one on, no biggee.
    Don't even have to do that.
    Traxxas connectors can be taken apart quite a few times before they no longer go back together and stay together. I would disassemble the connector and unsolder the wires, even them up, and then resolder them back on.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.