Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    RC Competitor
    Whats a good tranny upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by GoGetta View Post
    Why didn't i think about doing two motors for the Jato?
    Twin engines are not necessary on a Jato. Its light weight enough that a good high torque/rpm engine is better suited.
    No slipper/tall gearing/power = broken parts.

RC Qualifier
    I agree with the people who like the 3.3, its a greet little motor. Big block power, small block rpm range and weight. Don't let people scare you off NOS. Its plain and simple, THROTTLE IN A BOTTLE. Fuel pressure isn't the issue. The amount of fuel/ nitrous mixture is determined by the jets in relationship to the fuel pressure and bottle pressure, and atmospheric conditions. No matter what the fuel pressure is, it can be jetted to work. Just go with what the manufacture you buy your kit from recommended. You should be very pleased with the results you get.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Ball View Post
    I agree with the people who like the 3.3, its a greet little motor. Big block power, small block rpm range and weight. Don't let people scare you off NOS. Its plain and simple, THROTTLE IN A BOTTLE. Fuel pressure isn't the issue. The amount of fuel/ nitrous mixture is determined by the jets in relationship to the fuel pressure and bottle pressure, and atmospheric conditions. No matter what the fuel pressure is, it can be jetted to work. Just go with what the manufacture you buy your kit from recommended. You should be very pleased with the results you get.
    Same thing I was thinking.

RC Qualifier
    I've been running nitrous on everything I have had for the last twenty years. From mini bikes and go-karts, to my drag bike, street bike and my street cars. After I burned up my first motor, I learned what not to do. NEVER hit the button until your at least a 3rd of the way through the rpm range, and NEVER hold it more than 8 to 10 seconds. HAVE FUNNNNN!!!!!!!

RC Competitor
    Thanks man

RC Competitor
    Im gonna have to put new bearings in the 3.3 before so spraying it.

RC Qualifier
    I agree, get the best one's you can afford. Just to be safe.

Your money would be much better spent on a better engine than on nitrous, super charger, gimics...
    No slipper/tall gearing/power = broken parts.

RC Qualifier
    I've had a lot of people at the Drag Strip put down my nitrous just before I took their money.

RC Qualifier
    I agree with Snook Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Snook Man View Post
    Your money would be much better spent on a better engine than on nitrous, super charger, gimics...

RC Competitor
    Ive heard so many storys from experts about nitrous i dont know what to believe. Some say it works, others say it dont just get a bigger motor. Guess we're gonna find out if it works in 2-3 weeks. If not ill replace it with a os or picco .21 motor. Until then i will spray it unless i find a deal on .21 motor between 2-3weeks. Like i said ive heard to many storys dont know which to believe.

RC Competitor
    Ive seen the video on nitrous express website with the nitrous on there salvage and it seems to take pretty good. Night and day difference between them running it motor to motor and motor to nitrous against the other salvage. THATS ALL IM SAYING

RC Qualifier
    Amen brother, the results always speak for themselves. And about your tranny question, I replaced all the gears from the engine to the driveshafts with hardened steel and that really did the trick. Of course, then I needed steel driveshafts and it probably wont be long before I need alum. wheels. But like I learned at the drag strip, once you make everything where it don't break its all about tire spin and wheel stands, ITS CALLED THROTTLE CONTROL. But with nitrous its more letting off the button to regain control.
    Last edited by Mark Ball; 03-19-2013 at 03:48 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Mark lets see a pic of your rc car with the nitrous on it? Or better yet video with it on and you at the track taken peoples money. Now that would be awesome

RC Qualifier
    I never said I had it on my RC. I take my motorcycle to the drag strip. Ive bought the biggest and best parts money can buy when I built it. And it struggles to run mid 9s in the quarter without nitrous, but she runs low 6s with it. Like I said earlier the results speak for themselves.

RC Qualifier
    If they make it, people will come, right?? If you're getting this to actually try and get more power, you'd be so much better getting better performance upgrades. If you're doing it to make into a shelf queen, then cool, I can see why you'd do that. So little transfers over from 1:1 nitrous systems to RC that it's almost worthless. If it was a 4 stroke, or had reed valves, then the idea would be a little more sane

RC Qualifier
    OH it sounded like you knew what you were talking about nitrous on a R/C car. My Bad. Your running 1/8 mile with your bike ?
    I never said I had it on my RC. I take my motorcycle to the drag strip. Ive bought the biggest and best parts money can buy when I built it. And it struggles to run mid 9s in the quarter without nitrous, but she runs low 6s with it. Like I said earlier the results speak for themselves.

RC Qualifier
    You must mean eighth mile, right?

RC Champion
    The NOS & superchargers are nothing but a gimick, huge waste $$$ on nitro engines. Simply put you'll be better off buying a brand new 3.3 & send it off to ABMods for the "drag" mod they do to the engine. Not to mention your just adding more weight to slow the jato down in the long run. Search the forums back say 5yrs ago when "these kits" came out. You'll find that they SIMPLY DO NOT WORK! They have been tried before, only thing they do is wear out the engines internals super fast.
    "Growing OLD is mandatory, Growing UP is optional"

RC Competitor
    How many of yall has tried the nx system?

RC Qualifier
    I have.

Bswift
    FASTEST "recorded/proven" JATO'S-3.3 AND Big block

RC Competitor
    How well it work?

RC Competitor
    For the sake of not cluttering the board with more drag questions i'll ask here... How is the ths hardcoated pipe for top end? I am referring to the one with the larger stinger. Also can someone tell me if the ths manifold/header if the ths is an improvement over stock?

RC Qualifier
    what works for one person may not work for the next. All depends on were you live elavation, how much nitro content you run. You just need to exsperiment and spend the money like the reast of us.
    Quote Originally Posted by kshoulde35 View Post
    For the sake of not cluttering the board with more drag questions i'll ask here... How is the ths hardcoated pipe for top end? I am referring to the one with the larger stinger. Also can someone tell me if the ths manifold/header if the ths is an improvement over stock?

RC Competitor
    well this setup has not been a cheap experiment so far, but the experimenting part is so enjoyable most times you forget about the money you spend... I will get some video and try to get some times posted as soon as it's together...
    Things already purchased:
    66% boat fuel (i realize a head mod for both squish and proper compression is necessary)
    rlc drag kit (just going with skinny fronts and the wheelie bar to start)
    jaco foams
    ths hardcoated pipe
    tm523 carb
    originally purchased anodized aluminum gears (have decided to just replace with stock ones)
    -exhaust port timing will be raised ever so slightly
    -also plan to slightly modify angle of transfer/intake ports
    -case will be modified
    -also modded stock filter to look more like a cage with the air filter inside

next question is gain on the stock header or manifold. is it a huge restrictor?

RC Competitor
    I will post pics of the drag jato (Bloodthirsty) when I receive it.

RC Competitor
    I was thinking more of richen up the motor until you can here it goes in second good then turn the nitrous on. That's a good start.

RC Competitor
    [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

RC Qualifier
    Just curious..... Why spend the time and money to build a funny car conversion and turn around and scab a jato body on it that is 9 miles too short??? Just curious.

Bswift

RC Qualifier
    Man that body needs to be stretched. Well atleast you dont have to worry about flipping that thing over backwards and doing 2nd gear wheelies. Now you just need big power. I would go crazy run the supercharger and the nitrous on 45% or a monster .28 with a super charger and nitrous on 45% and gear that bad boy down low so you can run 90+ mph with it let her eat. IM JUST SAYING
    Last edited by slayer17; 03-23-2013 at 10:49 PM.

RC Competitor
    I'm just going with Nitrous!

BSwift - I don't like the funny car body!

BSwift- How did that NX kit work for ya?
    Last edited by Double G; 03-24-2013 at 08:36 AM. Reason: merge, usage of the edit button works better

RC Racer
    Better off just putting a different engine than the nitrous. I have toyed with a kit before on another guys truck. It just leans your engine out and gives you very little power increase. For the price of the nitrous kit send your engine to a pro modded and let them drag mod it. You will get more gains than a nitrous kit could ever give for similar money.

RC Competitor
    Monster.28 sounds good.

RC Racer
    .28's cause a whole new set of headaches on a jato lol. These little cars require a delicate balance of torque and grip to work right. There are a few locally with .28's and the trans just can't hold them if they bite.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by GoGetta View Post
    Monster.28 sounds good.
    Aww oooohhh!!!

Bswift

RC Racer
    That's gonna be interesting lol.

Who builds the stretch kit?
    Last edited by Double G; 03-27-2013 at 02:29 PM. Reason: merge

RC Competitor
    What size motor

RC Racer
    That's a .28

RC Competitor
    Looks good. Guess I gotta step my game up.
    Last edited by GoGetta; 03-27-2013 at 03:02 PM.