RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar

Rally upgrades are AMAZING... video inside.

So I finally ran my Rally with the sway bars and centre diff. Power system is an MMP/3800 on 2S and as you can see, its plenty fast but stays only warm to the touch. Full 5400mah 2S packs at mostly WOT drifting WITH the chassis cover on and nearly no heat at all. Maybe ill gear up a bit. Speed is fine now, so its not a big deal.

Ive got a Dusty Motors shroud for the non LCG slash installed and it did a better job of keeping the dirt out than having NO shroud. But it certainly is NOT working as well as id hoped. Im going to get the proper LCG version for sure.

Tires are stock rally tires and I have to say, I LOVE them. They are such a great tire. The only drawback is their lifespan on dry pavement. On this surface, pavement with alot of sand and gravel on top, they dont show even a hint of wear after a few full packs.

Only issue I have come across with this car is that, when run in gravel like this, small rocks can get caught in the steering and jam it up. A quick flick of the steering will dislodge it so its not a huge deal, but it was interesting to note.

Heres a short video and some pics.

Last edited by pavmentsurfer; 03-08-2013 at 06:40 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    wow thats alot of dirt, i thought the dusty cover protect them from dirt coming in? what happeh?
    humay has left the building, peace.

RC Champion
    Slide's so much easier with the center diff installed. great looking rally.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

This is the dusty motors cover for the NON LCG slash 4X4 so the nerf bar slots dont line up right. They have a new one for th e LCG chassis that will seal much better and likely keep alot more dirt out.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    oh yeah, i think i remember DiggerPede post here at one time about the new dusty cover for LCG chassis and he made a joke about it to you nothing like seeing a dust of clouds. for a second there i thought that pick-up truck was going to copy you hahaha.
    humay has left the building, peace.

Very cool mate .
    Rock n Rolla !

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    The center diff was incredible for my slash 4x4. I totally love what it does for handling on dirt...
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

Ive got mine filled with ofna diff lock fluid so its SUPER tight. But it definitely makes a difference.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Wow, the amount of silt and small gravel that got into the chassis is nasty. Thank goodness for air compressors.

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Trying to drop the CG more with added weight??? LOL The DM LCG shroud helped way better than the non LCG one. The Outerwears did ok, but not very well. I mean it wasnt for the LCG so it did an ok job, better than none. I still end up getting some small rocks and dirt in there. It's not because of the shroud has to be from the other open areas like the center shaft and Servo. Maybe filling those voids would stop some of that smaller stuff getting in there. Who knows. Once the weather gets better and the Texas dry dusty weather kicks in i'll know for sure. But then again since I said they we will probably have a Monsoon of a summer. haha

Yeah Pave I punned ya with the LCG shroud. LOL Not sure if you seen the thread or not.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

I just ordered the proper dusty motors shroud. I don t know if they lowered their prices or something but this one only cost me $30 shipped. The last one cost $40 shipped. That was a nice surprise.