RC Qualifier

Possible new motor/esc

Hi All,
    Im looking at the possibility of upgrading my Velineon system to Castle system. I see alot of you are going with the MMP/2400. I have mostly 3s LiPos, so the 3800 probably won't do so well. What kind of speeds are you getting with the 2400 system, and besides running cooler, how does it compare to the Velineon system? And what gearing are you using? I do ALL pavement driving. Thanks
    Who needs nitro, when you got LiPo?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    Without any exaggeration, it's like comparing a stock mustang (velinion) to a mustang gt500 (CC's 2400). The power and torque coming out of the Castle motor is backflip, shaft twisting, hex stripping power! I've had my trucks geared up for 60mph and maintained cool temps. If your gonna run 3s, you'll find heat to be your limiter with the 3800 unless your running an aftermarket chassis. I run 3s on my RCE chassis and it has the 3800. Its blistering fast too lol. But in a stock slash chassis or the rally, I wouldn't bother unless it was 2s only. The losi 2800 may be a good compromise for your purpose, its a CC's motor too. Lil more speed and a touch less torque is what I would expect if tested with a 2400.
    For amazing speeds and great power using 3s, you could get an aftermarket chassis with an open chassis design like mine....
    Then drop a 3800 in it. Chassis with similar open airflow design, SSC, STRC (ment for 2s but will fit a smaller 3s), and my fave.. TeamRCE ^^…all of them are listed as sl4sh chassis but swap out the bumper sets and body… its a rally. You can and will get faster, stronger power from a 2400 because it allows for 3s-4s while string cool
    In a stock chassis. But motor to motor on 3s, the 3800 gets the blue ribbon lol.
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

RC Champion
    +1 on the SCTE 2800. It's a 5mm shaft, so you'll need new pinions. Traxxas emaxx and e-revo brushless pinions work great. They're 32p 5mm, and will fit the 2800.

RC Competitor
    I run a MMP/2400. I ran it briefly with the 19t pinion and clocked it at 47mph with 3s lipo. It's seems to have more torque than speed. I moved to a 14t pinion to keep the heat down. It's still hella fast and takes off at tire shredding speeds.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for the info guys! I really don't want to get into swapping the chassis, Im trying to keep costs down since I really don't run alot anyway so it Looks like I may stick with the 2400. What are you other 2400 users gearing at with 3s?
    Last edited by 4-wheelin; 03-14-2013 at 12:24 PM.
    Who needs nitro, when you got LiPo?