RC Racer

upgrade question for stock stamped

as a new electric pede owner, i was wondering what the best upgrades are for it? or i should say the most important. I have had the truck for 2 days and jumped the **** out of it on snow banks, and everything is good so far. but i was wondering if i should upgrade the a arms, and what else is a good upgrade from break stuff when catching some air. p.s. i just ordered some new trenchers tires because i could not get any traction with the stock tires.

RC Racer
    Either upgrade everything and build it the way you want it, or upgrade what breaks when it breaks. I think most will recommend the latter.
    Last edited by doubletapdaddy; 03-10-2013 at 10:26 PM.
    Someone stole my signature.

Tires are a good start. Next I'd put some new shocks in it like the Losi Ten-T's and a king headz motor mount.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Qualifier
    If your running 2s the only think I would add is a bumper. Nothing else NEEDS upgrading. In the summer stick a fan on the ESC/Motor to keep em cool.

Go rpm or t bone front bumper and get traxxas aluminum bearing adaptor part no.6893x and try 50wt oil in your shocks after you put aluminum caps on them.....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC poster
    I put T-Bone bumpers on and they are amazing. You actually bounce off objects, before you do damage.

RC Racer
    Tires are probably going to be the best first purchase, the talons have 0 grip compared to the trenchers. I blew out the center motor mount/diff bearing on 2s, king headz or the traxxas motor mount works great. 3s, you'll need axles I'm in that boat right now lol

Once you start it's addicting! Have fun!

RC Competitor
    I chose the 'upgrade as you break stuff route', so here's the quick version of my experience. I run 2S lipo - immediately got the esc fan and an integy heatsink/fan for the motor. First thing to break was rear CVDs - upgraded those to the teknos and love them. A few months later, a shock cap blew off - went to strc aluminum shock caps and 40wt shock oil (30wt is stock).Big difference with the new shock oil - better for jumping/bashing around.

I initially had the RPM front bumper, but wanted the T-bone servo guard (which doesn't fit with RPM bumper without some dremmeling) - got the T-bone front bumper/servo guard combo and LOVE IT. Also recently got trenchers mounted on desperados and love them too. With 2s lipo, I got my motor temp up to 180F running it pretty hard - I may need to gear down, but everyone's temp experience will be different.

RC Racer
    Thanks for all the responses! I am definatley going to upgrade bumpers and shocks then go from there. I now see why they call rc's a hobby! man there is a ton of things and upgrades you can do these rc's!!