Thread: Battery

RC Racer

Battery

So I just got a 4-tec in trade. My first nitro ever. I am very excited except I don't know how to secure the battery ? Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks in advance

E-Maxx. Spartan. 4x4 slash. 2x4 slash x 3. Mini revo and summit
    E-Maxx kershaw 700`s 4x2 slash 4x4 slash vxl

RC Champion
    depending on what battery you are going to use.. Most use rechargable hump packs that fit tightly into a spot near the right front behind the tire and belt.. They are secured in with a long zip tie.. same can tbe used for the 4 cell pack if thats what you have. Seeing yoiu come from an electric background, get the rechargable battery pack. I mount mine in the front bumper foam and have done this for years. Really helps in the balance of the car as well as steering. Its a bit of work, buit I feel worth it. here is an older picture but it will give you an idea of what I'm talking about.I've since run the wires under the foam and are not visible anymore and the charge jack is mounted better.
    Last edited by cenracer1; 02-21-2013 at 08:21 PM.
    Maxx3.3/ rusty5700/ slash3800/ slash5700 /4tec3.3

RC Racer
    That looks like a great idea. Thanks for your help.

E-Maxx. Spartan. 4x4 slash. 2x4 slash x 3. Mini revo and summit
    E-Maxx kershaw 700`s 4x2 slash 4x4 slash vxl

RC Champion
    Your welcome.. I got tired of messing with the stock location and this seemed like a good spot for the battery. Its very well protected in the foam and I've hit a few things and its fine. I haven't tried a 70mph head on hit with a curb however, but if thats the case, I think the battery will be the least of your concerns. As a bonus, the cars steers much better.. Not as much push under power.
    Maxx3.3/ rusty5700/ slash3800/ slash5700 /4tec3.3