Thread: Buying REVO 3.3

RC poster

Buying REVO 3.3

Hello everyone.It is very nice to join your community.So... My story is that after a month or so researches i finally decided to buy Revo 3.3. I made a deccision between hpi savage xl and revo 3.3. I think both trucks a great, but I end up with staying with revo 3.3 I like it because it is more universal model, not only for bashing or for racing.This is my first rc model, so I will have many questions in the future I live in Norway so the weather is quite cold. Now it is around 44 degrees. My first question would be:
    *Maybe you all can give me some tips about what type of fuel I need to purchase?
    *What temperature is suitable for engine break in process?
    *Is there any kind of extras I need to have right away?I know that this truck comes with some extra parts, but maybe some tool kits you could recommend? I`ve read many of the articles here, but the main headache for me is about tuning the engine.
    *Do I need to tune the engine every time I am starting the car, because weather conditions can change rapidly. I would like to go with this car to the mountains where the weather is more colder (it varies from 32 to +46) and rare.. but in my town it can be +62 that day and it is not so far away to drive. Or if i can manage to do a good engine tuning(someday in the future) so I don`t need to tune it every time?
    Thanks in advance.
    P.S. Sorry for any grammar mistakes it is not my native language

RC Qualifier
    First off welcome to the forums and grats on your Revo welcome to the family.

Read and learn as much as you can on tuning. If you can learn the art of tuning your Revo will always be a delight to run. The other thing i can suggest is PATIENCE PATIENCE PATIENCE. As cold as it is in Norway you may want to look into getting a engine warmer or warm up with a hair dryer before start ups. As far as fuel everyone has their own preference 20% should be fine but what you use to break in the engine is what you should use for the life of the engine. Tools Id say a temp gun, the dynamite tool set is good starter set and some mini pliers. Parts wise a wing will provide valuable protection to the engine head. Aside from getting the wing id say fix it as you break it or as you adjust to driving style and terrain conditions.

As you read the forums youll get a really good idea of very common part upgrades.
    "You just got passed by a Traxxas"

RC Racer
    hey maxi relaxi as desert said welcome to the family, i secound everything desert said ie the tool kit and a temp gun however i would also suggest a needle nosed pliers for attatching the glow plug wire, also but a 20 pack of glow plugs, you will go through them and it sucks to run out of glow plugs during the middle of a bashing session or practice laps at the track, i would also suggest gettingrpm control arms, i had a bad crash right after i installled them and they are the only thing that survived they are indestructable. You may also want another battery pack for your ez start, and these are the necessitys we can get into upgrades later congrats again and welcome to the family!- revo kinevo

RC poster
    Thank you very much for your replies i got my revo finally so i will planning to do the break in process tomorrow. I've read in manual that that the engine should be at least +21celsius so i will pre-heat the engine with the hair dryer and start the break in process.i hope that everything will be great and hopefully it will not rain
    Thanks .

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

RC Racer
    another thing you could buy is a heat gun depending on the climate that your in, feel free to pm me any questions you have, and wrap the engine head in a cloth or paper towel to keep the heat up

RC poster
    Thanks for reply well today it is raining and 41degrees (+5 celsius) outside.. even if it will stop raining i think that it is not suitible weather for break in procedure...too high humidity and too cold i guess

RC Qualifier
    I broke mine in at 35 degrees F. I wrapped the cooling head with a paper towel to keep the motor around 240 degrees. Seemed to work fine.
    Revo 3.3, EMBE 6s, ERBE 6s (x2), Summit 4s

RC poster
    I broken in my engine yesterday.. everything went quite good. now all I need is to tune the engine properly and start practice with it

RC poster
    the owners manual says 5 tanks to brake the engine that means you have to do your tunes u
    at the 6? I have a jato but its used so I didn't need to brake it in

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by tito jato3.3 View Post
    the owners manual says 5 tanks to brake the engine that means you have to do your tunes u
    at the 6? I have a jato but its used so I didn't need to brake it in
    Yes i read. But the weather conditions let me to do 5tanks break in process and the 6th tank i could not begin to drive and begin to tune the engine. I hope that it is not a big problem? Or is it?:/